LegacyGT.com

Bubbling noise after I turn off the car?

So the other day, after I got home from work with the AC on full blast the whole way, I turned off the car, and heard this weird bubbling noise.

My wife told me that its unicorns punching holes in my muffler...

No idea what this is. AC related? I read it could be a head gasket problem? or turbo coolant issue?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IS there coolant in your overflow tank ? there should be a little in there when cold. Your coolant may be low.

Start there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Air vent actuator. Mine just started making noise after shutting off this weekend. I just keep the ac running when I shut it off. So far, no noise when i leave the ac running but its only been a couple days of trial and error.

Drive the car so the coolant gets hot and moves around in the system and heater. In the morning check the level before you start the engine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Air vent actuator.

^ This.

The actuator on the blower is starting to be a more common issues with the '05 models. Mine has been doing this for several months, just haven't got the time to replacing it yet.

Simple test to determine if it's the actuator. As soon as you start hearing the giggle/bubbling/ticking sound, press the "Mode" button and cycle through each setting. If the sound goes away when pressing the button, then you know it's the actuator. If the it doesn't, it could be stuck or you have air inside the heater core.

My wife's balls are delicious.

• 3 weeks later...

I only hear it on shutdown.

Sounds like this

Or

Lasts maybe 10 seconds.

Air in the heater core?

Happened this morning after moving my car, so it was on for only 1-2 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it was pretty dry. Added some premix. Now what's in there looks pretty gross. Maybe need to flush it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep an eye on the levels in both the overflow and the turbo coolant resevoir (the one at the top, by the turbo), as this description sounds alot like an HG issue.

I fixed my HVAC actuators on my RHD Liberty.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20939&start=390#p356707

Both were on the LHS accessed from the upper passenger footwell, so hopefully for you the hvac components are mirror image. Remove glovebox and it's supports and look up in behind the dash.

There's a couple of actuators up there.

The peg on the lever jumps it's track on the actuation cam and needs putting back.

I have factory nav and the DVD unit needed to be removed for access.

It's a challenging DIY, not impossible, but not something I'd want to get a 3rd party to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I fixed my HVAC actuators on my RHD Liberty.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20939&start=390#p356707

Both were on the LHS accessed from the upper passenger footwell, so hopefully for you the hvac components are mirror image. Remove glovebox and it's supports and look up in behind the dash.

There's a couple of actuators up there.

The peg on the lever jumps it's track on the actuation cam and needs putting back.

I have factory nav and the DVD unit needed to be removed for access.

It's a challenging DIY, not impossible, but not something I'd want to get a 3rd party to do.

I'm going to do this over the holiday weekend, hopefully, it's just the peg needing adjusting. I'll take pics and report back.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived