LegacyGT.com

Broken hatch handle

• I Donated

My friend tried to open the hatch on my wagon the other day...and it wasn't opening....he tried to force it and POP.....Now the handle just wiggles.

I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet...and I've never been inside the hatch so I have no idea what I'll come across while I'm in there.

Anybody have this happen before and what broke? Is it the same kind of deal as the doors where you have a metal rod that clips into the handle? Did my handle its self likely break?

Needless to say - my hatch doesn't open now...and its really a pain in the ass....

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

You really named the image "broksprob"??? LOL!

Thanks for the picture. Thats what I was talking about if it was like the doors...and I guess it is.

Time to start tearing apart the rear hatch. I just have to get all the shit out of the back so I can fit back there lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

It also attaches to your lock via the clasp mechanism in the middle pic. In the last pic you can see the assembly with two rods. One attaches to the lock, and the other to the hatch handle. :)

edit: What else was I suppose to call it, lol. It used to be my problem and I'm happy to pass it off to you.

tothelock.thumb.JPG.8adac4478b07bfcdd9977165221d0e6b.JPG

claspmech.thumb.JPG.c54e9fb617eeead169b30bec36a38f2e.JPG

mechanism.thumb.JPG.4d649853c48d1bb3e53e4e1dd2055cfd.JPG

No problem! Glad I could help you out and return the favor.

edit: Don't attempt to remove the black plug that senses the rear hatch being open/closed from the clasp in the above middle pic. It is impossible and you will break it. Just cut the wires. Also you will need to unbolt the mechanism in the last pic in order to unplug the harness plug. It is impossible to unplug it while it is bolted to the hatch because of its orientation and placement.

Archived