LegacyGT.com

Brembo's Installed

FourMoBro

Well, I finished my front and rear Brembo install. Everything went smoothly except for the install of the lines.

Some notes:

1. These are the "WRX" kits from THEKINGOFPARTS.

a. The rear lines supplied with the Kit are much longer than needed and required Zip-ties to keep the line contained. I hope it's out of the way.

b. As installs before me have said, minor and I mean minor grinding is needed to make a bolt head clear on the rears. I used a die grinder.

c. As installs before have said, the rear dust shield needs to be removed. I used a hammer and a putty knife.

2. For some strange reason, to disconnect the rubber lines from the hard lines was a B!tch and half. I spent almost three hours trying to get them loose and undamaged. The left side's came off no problem. The rights side's just didn't want to go. I did have Liquid wrench, and it was sprayed several times. I also had the flare nut wrench. No dice. I rounded the crap out of them with robo-grip pliers which made it fun to put back on the new lines.

3. I used the Motive bleeder from JSC SPeed. Was pretty painless.

4. This is/was my first brake job. I haven't driven the car to bed in the brakes as of yet. Maybe tonight. Wish me luck

If the car and myself survives the test run, I will post pics tomorrow. I have to take pics of my stock wheels anyway for sale.

how's the stopping power?

hard to say. I never really used the stock brakes. I always downshifted and used the brakes sub-20, which probably explains the tranny woes. I figured I had air in the lines. This morning I took my buddy out and jammed the brakes and made the tires squeal a bit, so I guess I'm good. I may bleed again since I have some fluid left over.

so, was the upgrade worth it? how much $$$ did you spend on the setup?

hard to say. I never really used the stock brakes. I always downshifted and used the brakes sub-20, which probably explains the tranny woes. I figured I had air in the lines. This morning I took my buddy out and jammed the brakes and made the tires squeal a bit, so I guess I'm good. I may bleed again since I have some fluid left over.

Was the upgrade worth it? hmmm. I dunno. I do have non-rusting calipers, that look nice and fill the gap nicely, created by the larger rims. I do have added assurance if I ever take it to the track. you figure the cost is probably 3X just rotors and pads. The only other place the money would have gone was to the mortgage. PM THEKINGOFPARTS if you interested in the setup.

this thread proves bling > stopping power.

I knew going in that I may be able to pick up like 10 ft of stopping distance in the 60-0. This was based on a thread I saw on a 350Z forum. They did a good write up on comparisons between different rotors (sizes/drilled/slotted, etc) and calipers (2/4/6 piston). So the only real benefit I got was better braking at the track, should I go there.

But yeah, my street cred is off the wall now.:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I am understanding that you only did the Caliper Swap for the fronts correct?

If that is the case, would there be some kinda problem since you have the stock ones in the back?

Do you have to change the proportion valve?

(Sorry if you did change all 4 calipers but you only showed the fronts so I was just assuming).

I also am very interested at doing some caliper swap but wondering if there will be problems with only having a Bigger and Stronger Caliper in the front and a Tiny Stock one in the back.

:)

i only did the front brakes, though i'd like to eventually add the rear, it wasn't necessary at the time. i noticed a substantial difference b/w the stock and brembo's. :) and yes, i USE my brakes.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived