LegacyGT.com

Brembo vs oem calipers

Are you going to track the car or is it your DD? 99% of people don't need Brembos, not many people are in situation where they are actually being used to their full potential. Not to say they don't look badass and perform well, if you've got the cash to get them then go for it but you'll likely be fine with upgraded pads/rotors/lines.

Sounds like it'll be your daily driver, and if the wheels are the stock ones (sounds like they probably are based on the size) Brembos won't fit. I would stick with the pad/rotors/lines and hang on to the extra cash for other mods.

Hasn't this been covered before? I remember a discussion that ended in the consensus that upgraded brakes do nothing under normal driving conditions. This applies to autoX also, as the usage of the stock brakes are not stressed enough to heat up during short runs. As long as you can lock up your stock brakes, stronger brakes will not do anything. It's your tires that make you stop at that point.

Hasn't this been covered before? I remember a discussion that ended in the consensus that upgraded brakes do nothing under normal driving conditions. This applies to autoX also, as the usage of the stock brakes are not stressed enough to heat up during short runs. As long as you can lock up your stock brakes, stronger brakes will not do anything. It's your tires that make you stop at that point.

going to disagree with that statement. fully upgraded breaks will increase stopping even under normal circumstances. i have 6 piston fronts 2 piston rear and, though not measured in distance, have yet to lock up on a hard break and slow down/stop on a dime. although they werent cheap, they are one of my favorite mods.

to OP: just upgrade your oem breaks and save the money for the maintenance coming up. you still realize a hell of a difference

going to disagree with that statement. fully upgraded breaks will increase stopping even under normal circumstances. i have 6 piston fronts 2 piston rear and, though not measured in distance, have yet to lock up on a hard break and slow down/stop on a dime. although they werent cheap, they are one of my favorite mods.

to OP: just upgrade your oem breaks and save the money for the maintenance coming up. you still realize a hell of a difference

If the stock brakes can lock the tires, then they can stop the vehicle as quickly as the tires will allow (obviously not by locking the tires up...). Bigger brakes won't stop you any quicker, and may actually lengthen stopping distances.

Pedal feel and fade resistance are benefits of BBK's. Shorter single-stop distances are not.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Facing the same as Sbui but mine is more on, traveling highway at 170-180kmh speed, should front there is a vehicles filter to my lane and i need to brake hard, my car just don't stop fast enough. I could floor the brake pedal all the way down and the speed just don't reduce as it should be. All i can smell is strong brake pad smell later.

Sometimes due to rushing time, i do travel fast on the road and repeating heavy braking. I'm using Hawk HPS pads, bleeded with ATE fluid but on stock rotor and brake hose.

Using brand new car braking performance as yardstick for the feel and stop distance.

Facing the same as Sbui but mine is more on, traveling highway at 170-180kmh speed, should front there is a vehicles filter to my lane and i need to brake hard, my car just don't stop fast enough. I could floor the brake pedal all the way down and the speed just don't reduce as it should be. All i can smell is strong brake pad smell later.

Sometimes due to rushing time, i do travel fast on the road and repeating heavy braking. I'm using Hawk HPS pads, bleeded with ATE fluid but on stock rotor and brake hose.

Using brand new car braking performance as yardstick for the feel and stop distance.

If you smell pad something is wrong.

I'm not certain how 'fast' the car has to stop for it to be within spec.

Archived