LegacyGT.com

brembo kit question

ignore the flystyle....the grand tourismos should bolt right up. Clearance on wheels should be similar to that of on the WRX with attention paid to difference in offset.

im runnin 18x8 with a 35 offset so ill be totally fine :cool:

thanks for the help.

i have been on these boards for years and had never heard of those brakes... i looked at the low post count, along with the brembo question and immediately wondered why he just didnt search....

well looks like you learn something new everyday. never once have i seen/heard of those brakes in all these years. kudos to you.

no biggy...the tourismos are their common BBK for all kinds of cars. Much like Stoptech, Baer, Wilwood, etc...

No biggy and they aren't common on Legacies. Heck, they really aren't even common on Imprezas. Stoptech has the lockdown on the Subie market :lol:

I'm an old school Subie head...think before the WRX came over. I'm just the 'new' guy on these boards.

eh, i wouldnt go so far as to say stoptech has the lockdown on our market. Brembos IMO are largely more popular than the stoptech BBK's. Especially with sti brembos being fairly readily available to anyone with some good size pockets.

And as far as the "gran turismo" name goes, I noticed a set for all 4 posted in our classifieds just about a week or 2 ago. My only question would be as to whether you need a rear adapter bracket with these as with the sti brembos. But it seems like you only have fronts (according to the pic), so no worries.

Sexy calipers, GL with your setup.

eh, i wouldnt go so far as to say stoptech has the lockdown on our market. Brembos IMO are largely more popular than the stoptech BBK's. Especially with sti brembos being fairly readily available to anyone with some good size pockets.

And as far as the "gran turismo" name goes, I noticed a set for all 4 posted in our classifieds just about a week or 2 ago. My only question would be as to whether you need a rear adapter bracket with these as with the sti brembos. But it seems like you only have fronts (according to the pic), so no worries.

Sexy calipers, GL with your setup.

Um, I'm talking actual big brake kits and not oem hand-me-downs ;)

There is a HUGE difference between the oem brembos (relatively crappy and get destroyed when doing real track work) and the stoptech or Brembo GT kits.

If I recall, the Grand Tourismo's are radially mounted calipers (might only be the 6-piston models) but if designed for the WRX and not the 5x114.3 hub, you could probably get on a mill and easily clearance what is needed to put them on the back of a LGT...being that the caliper mounting plate differs from that of the gc's and gd's.

There is a HUGE difference between the oem brembos (relatively crappy and get destroyed when doing real track work) and the stoptech or Brembo GT kits.

to most members on here with OEM LGT calipers, the sti brembos are considered a "larger caliper" and more meaty brake upgrade. Whether or not they're deemed an official "BBK" in relation to competition application/track usage, is subjective. Your point about them being relatively crappy and getting destroyed doing "real track work" is a perfect example.

I undoubtedly respect your seniority in the scooby community, and by no means am I attempting to demean that. Im simply commenting as to the fact that the majority of members on here do see the STi brembos as a significant upgrade to our OEM units, and there are (IMO) more members running them versus the massive stoptech and brembo GT bbk's you were referring to.

Ok and I completely see your point. They run them because they are cheap, relatively speaking, and are an upgrade...so win win for the LGT and Spec B crowd.

My Brembos are going to be hand-me-downed to my Spec B...once I get it ;)

As for pricing on the Tourismos, I'd search classifieds on nasioc to see what they sell for used. I think Tire Rack and numerous other places online carry them.

If I recall, the Grand Tourismo's are radially mounted calipers (might only be the 6-piston models) but if designed for the WRX and not the 5x114.3 hub, you could probably get on a mill and easily clearance what is needed to put them on the back of a LGT...being that the caliper mounting plate differs from that of the gc's and gd's.

I believe you may be referring to the Brembo STI BBK (355mm and 6 pot).

I have the Brembo GTs and they are 4-pot in the front. I think they are similar to the OEM STi calipers. Do you know specifically how they are different?

I know that there are two kits and you are looking at the 4-pots, obvious by the picture. What I was saying is that I can't recall if the four pots, or only the the 6-pots, were radially mounted calipers.

I don't know the specs on the Brembo GT 4-pot calipers, thought I imagine they are sequentially sized pistons to help reduce pad taper, they come with a two piece rotor that is larger and probably thicker than stock. Not sure about pad sizing, piston sizing, mounting type etc...

Archived