LegacyGT.com

Boxerfest

thefultonhow

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
I'mm thinking of doing the autocross, but I don't like how their classes are set up right now. They put all Subarus with upgraded turbos in the same class, so considering I make about as much power as a stock STI, I'd be at a disadvantage.

and not sure if you would def go into the upgraded turbo class if you just did like a 52 swap or something and that was explained they would most likely understand that a larger car with the same turbo as a stock wrx shouldnt be classed in with guys that have turbos capable of 100hp more.

and here is a link to the website for those that havnt checked it out yet. tickets on sale Mar 25, 2014

http://www.boxerfest.com/

• I Donated
tentative plans to be there by this guy. work will dictate whether im free or not.

Where are you located?

and not sure if you would def go into the upgraded turbo class if you just did like a 52 swap or something and that was explained they would most likely understand that a larger car with the same turbo as a stock wrx shouldnt be classed in with guys that have turbos capable of 100hp more.

Problem is, where do you draw the line? I have a BNR Evo 16G, which has roughly similar power potential to the VF52, but is definitely not a stock turbo. And if you have a WRX with a stock VF52 running E85, is that okay for stock turbo class?

im located in SoMD. about 20mins south of the event.

i agree the classing can definitely get a little tricky, but i would (in my non professional opinion) say that if it has a vf on it no matter what turbo to what motor, unless of course its a N/A motor, it should be classed as stock. any aftermarket turbo moves you up and race fuel should qualify a vf into the upgraded category. just my .02$ though, maybe somebody important will read this and take it into consideration. i think it sounds fair.

Archived