LegacyGT.com

Bosal question

bugblatterbeast

I did a search to see what's up with the Bosal catbak offering and all I found was references to their initial failed V1 SPT catback. Is this:

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=355&Product_Code=BOS-111-321&Category_Code=6200

a re-branded (and hopefully improved) version of the V1 SPT catback, or something else.

If anyone is running the above linked catback, could you tell me if the flange that connects to the DP is of the flat or donut variety?

sure looks the same as the v1 SPT, i bought this in 06 for my 05 and it now sits under my 08, btw its a donut gasket behind the real cat, not at the DP

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/cars/DSC_1019.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/cars/DSC_1018.jpg

Are the SPT midpipe and the Y pipe flipped upside down in the pics above? If not, then it doesn't look like they matched the stock bends very well.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Bosal is the company that makes all the exhaust components for subaru. So, yes, its the same thing as the SPT exhaust, but you can get it cheaper through them.

-I hope that is what you were asking, otherwise I just told people something they probably already knew!

Bosal is the company that makes all the exhaust components for subaru. So, yes, its the same thing as the SPT exhaust, but you can get it cheaper through them.
All except the current SPT Legacy exhaust of course.:lol:
ignore him, he'll go away.

• 4 months later...
does anyone know where else to buy the bosal one? i think i like it more than the current spt exhaust(the AEM one). and if they fixed the problems then i really want it, epically at the price the link has it for. wrx034me, did you spraypaint the exhaust?

so your saying my chances of finding it are not that high?

I was just offering you good luck and let us know what you find. Sorry if it sounded somehow sarcastic or less than encouraging.

SBT

i saw that one on ebay, kinda iffy about it because the pics he provided are not his, they are the same as edmundu posted up back in 06. I really want to know if they are the revised ones or not but the seller doesnt know. this is why i would like to find a set of new ones from bosal because i figure all the bugs should be worked out by now.

I was just offering you good luck and let us know what you find. Sorry if it sounded somehow sarcastic or less than encouraging.

SBT

its cool, figured you were privy to some info about bosal that i didnt know about...if i get in touch with anyone in regards to this exhaust ill let you know

i saw that one on ebay, kinda iffy about it because the pics he provided are not his, they are the same as edmundu posted up back in 06. I really want to know if they are the revised ones or not but the seller doesnt know. this is why i would like to find a set of new ones from bosal because i figure all the bugs should be worked out by now.

The revised mufflers do not have SPT etched on the sides of the tips. FWIW, other than ugly welds between the tips and cans, my original mufflers are going strong, as is the rest of the cat back for that matter.

The revised mufflers do not have etched on the sides of the tips. FWIW, other than ugly welds between the tips and cans, my original mufflers are going strong, as is the rest of the cat back for that matter.

the revised cans still have the brushed band right?

the revised cans still have the brushed band right?
Sorry, I didn't type that very clearly. Yes, the revised cans still have the brushed band on the tips, but do not have SPT etched on them.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to update that I called Bosal USA and found out they have around 20 of these left. Im guessing once those are gone then they are not making any more. I bought one off Mike who works there for $400, awesome price if you ask me. Anyway, here is the contact info if anyone else is interested. Mine is getting shipped out today or tomorrow so I will take pics when it arrives.

Michael Yatkowitz

Bosal USA/Bosal Performance Sales

14 Troy Hills Rd.

Whippany, NJ 07981

Phone 800-631-7271 x227

Fax 973-428-8856

*some reason if you click on the word performance it links to a NASIOC thread, I didnt do that and I dont know why its doing that.

Just wanted to update that I called Bosal USA and found out they have around 20 of these left. Im guessing once those are gone then they are not making any more. I bought one off Mike who works there for $400, awesome price if you ask me. Anyway, here is the contact info if anyone else is interested. Mine is getting shipped out today or tomorrow so I will take pics when it arrives.

Michael Yatkowitz

Bosal USA/Bosal Performance Sales

14 Troy Hills Rd.

Whippany, NJ 07981

Phone 800-631-7271 x227

Fax 973-428-8856

*some reason if you click on the word performance it links to a NASIOC thread, I didnt do that and I dont know why its doing that.

Fixed.

just updating, my exhaust shipped and Mike only charged me $40 from Jersey to Texas. Really cant wait to get this in, supposed to be here by this time next week and I will prolly install the same day. Anyone looking for a great sounding exhaust for a great price needs to hit Mike at Bosal up. He is an awesome guy and sounds like he wants to move the rest of these.

sure looks the same as the v1 SPT, i bought this in 06 for my 05 and it now sits under my 08, btw its a donut gasket behind the real cat, not at the DP

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/cars/DSC_1019.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/cars/DSC_1018.jpg

Is it just because the Bosal Mid/Y-Pipe is upside down or is there no exhaust hanger on that Y-pipe section?

Archived