LegacyGT.com

Borla mufflers on Perrin Y-pipe, anyone?

shralp

Anyone know if this will bolt up ok? I'm currently running my stockers on a Perrin Y-pipe and have considered maybe going with the Borlas if they will bolt up. Why the Borla? I DO NOT want a loud exhaust. Pretty much all the research I've done points to the Borla as being the absolute most quiet aftermarket exhaust you can buy, agreed guys? My needle in a haystack question- Anyone running the system I'm looking for so I can get opinions on the sound, (Cobb HFC DP, Perrin Mid and Y, and then the Borla muffs)? I'm basically stock sounding right now with my Cobb DP and Perrin Mid and Y with stockers and I don't mind a bit more growl but not much, (and NO DRONING!). Its a daily driver for me and I need it to be pretty quiet. If this will work, anyone know if I can just buy the Borla muffs and not the whole CBE, and the cost?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Prodrives or Lachutes will work, BUT, don't count on it being quiet. The presence of a less restrictive res/Y combined with aftermarket cans becomes very loud. I had a Lachute res/Y w/ Prodrive cans and it was way too much for my tastes.

Archived