LegacyGT.com

Borla GT Catback installed on my 06 2.5i

Yes thats right my NA car has the Borla CBE designed for the LGT. Only fitment issue was only being able to use one factory bolt/spring at the midpipe flange, used a bolt/washer/nut on the other one and it tightened up just fine without any leaks. Borla midpipe is 2.25in, and piping into mufflers is 2in.

Sound at idle is just a touch deeper than stock, crusing at 1500-2000rpm with light throttle is noticable but not loud, just a nice deep rumbly boxer four exhaust note. Hit the go pedal and listen to you beautiful boxer engine purr, sounds great in the car, not sure about outside but im sure its good.

I know this thread is worthless without pics/vids. I'll try to get atleast pics tomorrow AM before the snow starts flying.

So if you looking for a bolt on CBE for you NA i suggest the Borla, good fitment, good sound.

FYI got it from Maryland Turbo while they had it on sale for $725 + 18 shipping, i live in PA, ordered Thrus around 7pm and had it Mon AM on the FedEx truck at work.

Tolly

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

I am glad to hear it fit without any major issues. Sounds like we now have an option for a catback without going custom. Definitely post some pics when you get a chance. If possible, sound clips would be great as well. Good work.

OK got one video up on putfile, sometimes it works for me, and other times it doesnt so just keep trying at different times it if doesnt work at first for you.

Video was from my digi cam so sound quality is a little low, lot of wind and road noise is picked up, but you can still hear the tone of the exhaust.

http://media.putfile.com/06-Legacy-wBorla-Driveby

yes i know trunk was unlatched oops.

Enjoy

Tolly

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

well anymore pics and videos will be delayed for a few more days. Got some serious break squeal going on after the snow this weekend and its going to the dealer tomorrow at lunch time. So if i get it back for the weekend i'll see if i can get some pics, if not it will be next weekend when the rear swaybar goes on :icon_lol:

Tolly

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

so resonator is gone right? hows the highway drone

The borla midpipe has a resonator in it, looks like a straight through bullet muffler style. Just had it on the highway coming back from the dealer and drone is minimal if any, i was really pleased.

Tolly

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

• 2 weeks later...
for future reference, borla kit comes with two replacement bolts to replace those sprung factory bolts... I had the same issue with sprung bolt #2 until I looked in the box again. bag - o - bolts provided. :)

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

the bolts in the kit were too big to fit through the holes on the flange on the cat, maybe that is one of the slight diff's between the NA and turbo cars.

Tolly

ahhh, ok, missed that part... been a rough day mentally... lol... well it's cool that it fits otherwise. :O)

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Archived