LegacyGT.com

Borla CBE vs Greddy Evo 2

vduber

I truthfully can't decide now between the two. Watched the few videos on them about 100 times but can't make a decision. I know borla is real quiet with a nice distinct rumble. It just looks to stock for me, the evo 2 has grown on me and although im not a fan of big cans i think it looks real nice. If CTATV or any other member who has/had the evo 2 cbe could answer how loud it really is? I do alot of highway driving so drone is not something I want. I read on someone else's thread that they wanted to pull the exhaust off after a 4hr drive but then again he was running a catless dp which im not going to do.

Thanks

-chris

I have no experience with the Greddy. As far as the Borla goes, it passed the wife test and failed the mother-in-law test. In other word, it's perfect.

:lol:

My car with the Greddy's is pretty loud, actually louder than my track car. :confused:

I too, didn't like the fat silver cans, so I powder coated them black. It came out very nice and subtle.

But in terms of exhaust note, it's great! Good rumble, tone, not much drone when cruising at all, and I usually play music anyways so that covers up a lot.

im not even sure how you could even begin to compare the two, Grapefruit shooters vs stock look, 3" vs 2.5 these exhaust are very different, more along the lines of opposites.

Yes because people never try to decide between "complete" opposites...

Sry o great one didn't mean to wake you from your sleep. I know it's real difficult grasp that people can like different things. I know next when i tell you i listen to different music your heads going to fly off. If all your going to do is criticize whats the point in posting, I asked about drone with the greddy not what you think about what I like.

well most full 3" exhaust will drone somewhat on the highway, it just varies between exhausts of how much, that's why this is an odd comparison, the borla with a dp is close to no drone on the highway, 3" with DP will ave drone but depending on campany that will vary, 3" catback with stock catback wont be too loud at all, maybe thats what your looking for.

Well yea your the one who pioneered the name grapefruit shooter on this thread talking bout the greddy so in turn you own the name. Thanks once again capt. useless considering you posted a thread in which I posted in, I know your amazed that I actually like the borla exhaust but as I stated it looks to stock. And finally everything you posted about 3" exhausts is nice and dandy except for I asked specifically for people who own the greddy to let me know how bad they drone so you are completely useless as you don't own one. Im going to get the greddy, so now you can stop argueing about how odd my comparision on exhausts are.

I have intake, header w/ uppipe, catless dp and evo2. It's loud. Highway drone isn't too bad as there is a kind of flat spot in the noise. For me it's right around 70mph in 5th the drone quit's and it's really pretty quiet. Driving though especially if you get on it is very noisy. Don't know much about the borla so can't help you there but that my 2 cent's on my evo2. Happy holidaze.

I have a borla with stage 2 mods, and it sounds too lound on a highway for me. bought bigger magnaflow muffler, will be installing instead of borla's resonator soon.

it has very low boooo on highway, hard to talk inside a car.

There are no bad people, just differeent.

I have a borla with stage 2 mods, and it sounds too lound on a highway for me. bought bigger magnaflow muffler, will be installing instead of borla's resonator soon.

it has very low boooo on highway, hard to talk inside a car.

Well it looks like Ill keep the stock CBE and just do the DP then... I dont want any annoyances on the highway!

If you like it quiet, it will be the best way, IMO. most gains would be from DP anyway.

Borla has a great sound in a city driving.. But on a highway is a diff story..

Again, it is all subjectie:-)

There are no bad people, just differeent.

I have the EVO 2, and I love it!!! I have no cats on the car at all. I personally love the sound. You can definetely tell that a Subie is coming down the street. My buddy has the Borla and it has about half the volume. If your state has exhaust laws then the Borla will be more low key. CT didn't appreciate my Greddy, so I just registered it in AR instead. Good Luck with your decision.

MR quad tips ftw!!!

no grapefruit shooter tips. Got pulled over by a cop, saying exhaust was too loud (had back fire issue so it made loud pop on every shift, no matter how light on throttle)

He went and inspected my exhaust and thought it was stock and let me go.

Archived