LegacyGT.com

bnr turbo owners!

It's my understanding that turbos purchased late 2013 came with an upgraded wga set at 14.7 psi, instead of 8 like the older versions. My car was running fine until a week ago it was hitting 18-19 psi and would occasionally spike to 20. Now I am only seeing 14 psi. I am running a grimmspeed ebc and when unplugged ran only 8 psi. Any ideas? I thought the new actuators were supposed to be better but if I'm only running 8 psi with the ebc unplugged is it possible I have an older version?

You need to run a line from the compressor housing directly to the wastegate input to truly check WG pressure. IIRC the upgraded actuators were actually 13 PSI.

If you've done this and are only getting 8 PSI when running only WG pressure then you have the old actuator.

I talked to bnr today, awesome guys called me right back, he said the 13 or 14 psi wgas (I believe it says 14.7 on the website ) don't take into account a pressure drop from a larger intercooler and another parameter that escapes me atm but that at elevation and with only wg pressure he said 10 psi was normal so I was still a little low. It was recommended that I tighten down the wga a couple cranks, hopefully this makes a world of difference. I forgot to mention that my turbo was pulled to replace a gasket and I think it may have been clocked differently on reassembly ; possibly causing the difference in boost I'm seeing

• 7 months later...

Archived