LegacyGT.com

BNR 18g, FMIC, 92 octane

Thread Title: Dyno Tune: Cobb Plano, TX, 304 WHP/ 329 WTRQ, BNR 18G TURBO, 2.5 liter, 20 PSI

Event: Dyno Pull - tuning session

Date: 04/10/2013

Ambient Temp: 50 degrees

Elevation: 800 feet

Weather: Rain

Car: 2005 Legacy GT Wagon

Tuner: Calvin Dotson

Dyno Info: Mustang dynometer

Transmission: Spec B 6speed

Gear: 3rd

Peak Horse Power at RPM: 5200

Peak Torque at RPM: 4100

Target Boost: 20 PSI

Target AFR: 11.1

Fuel: 92 Octane

Engine/Power Modifications: BNR 18g, custom FMIC, DW 850cc injectors, DW 65c pump, re-wired fuel pump, Aeromotive FPR,

Driveline Modifications: CM 300, STI flywheel.

Suspension Modifications: Koni Struts, Rallitek springs, Perrin Sway Bars front and rear, Whiteline suspension bushings.

Dyno plot soon

• 1 month later...

I really like it. I ran a 16g previously w/E85 and top mount. When I had the 18g/fmic tuned, I was running out of fuel, so I was unable to tune on E85.

It takes a bit longer to spool than the 16g, but it is a really nice street turbo. Once I figure out my fueling issues, I am going E85 again. The 18g on E85 should be a rockstar and probably the limit for a stock block w/ 155,000 miles.

I made 276/292 on 92 octane.

I made 324/350 on E85

e85 really is the JUICE. It spooled about 500 rpm sooner at really hit hard. I think with the 18G, it would be lots of fun. I am running a DW 65c fuel pump and am beginning to think it is the weak link. I have replaced everything else AND am running battery power to the fuel pump.

Thanks man for the info.

No sweat.

p.s. - These numbers are with an AVO tmic, DW 850's and Walbro FP, stock FPR, and factory exhaust. (16G)

I am now running a FMIC, DW 850's, DW 65c FP, Aeromotive FPR, 3" exhaust. (18G)

Frankly, I still like the 16G/E85 set-up the best :rolleyes:

No sweat.

p.s. - These numbers are with an AVO tmic, DW 850's and Walbro FP, stock FPR, and factory exhaust. (16G)

I am now running a FMIC, DW 850's, DW 65c FP, Aeromotive FPR, 3" exhaust. (18G)

Frankly, I still like the 16G/E85 set-up the best :rolleyes:

yeah seems like that combo is a spool monster

Can't wait to see the dyno plot. I bought the mid pipe from you a year ago. I think I might finally go the route of the 6 spd here soon.

I am assuming the mid-pipe is still intact ?

You will love the 6 speed.

I am assuming the mid-pipe is still intact ?

You will love the 6 speed.

Yep it's still intact. Should I be worried??

I'm slowly starting to pile small parts up for the swap. I think you said you ran the spec B tranny, did you run the R180 rear?

Yep it's still intact. Should I be worried??

I'm slowly starting to pile small parts up for the swap. I think you said you ran the spec B tranny, did you run the R180 rear?

The mid-pipe comment was my attempt at humor. I have an 08 Spec B tranny and I sourced a 3.54 WRX R160 for the rear. Given the cost of the Spec B axles and R180, I chose that route instead.

18g + fmic + e85 = so much fun when it hits, best of luck to you and your tune.

After moving from that combo to my current TMIC setup, I do enjoy the quicker throttle response but I do miss that feeling when the turbo spools. I am considering going back to a FMIC since I do not plan to track anymore, though I'm not sure if the 5eat can handle it.

• 4 months later...
How was COBB's customer service and pricing? I was tossing around the idea of going to them (Shame, Cobb in Austin doesn't do tuning) and I was also thinking about going to awdtuning but they seem to be pretty arrogant and anti-BNR

How was COBB's customer service and pricing? I was tossing around the idea of going to them (Shame, Cobb in Austin doesn't do tuning) and I was also thinking about going to awdtuning but they seem to be pretty arrogant and anti-BNR

I've been down to Cobb in Plano three times. Calvin does a great job. I believe tuning rates are $400 and another $200 if you want to do a dual tune for E85. He spends about 2.5 hours on the dyno for a tune. I had a scheduling mishap one time with Cobb and it was resolved on their part. They are very busy in that shop. I have found that their customer service is better before the sale than after, but that would be my only complaint.

Archived