LegacyGT.com

Bluetooth Connection and Ipod

poncherello

bluetooth? whattya think this is mercedes bmw or acura? :p subaru is kind of behind on the ridiculous # of bells and whistles a lot of the extreme luxury cars on the market have. I think everyones pretty much exhausted the ipod and aux input research on the 201uh and ue (is that right? the VDC deck..) unfortunatley until we get some more 06'ers on here I think we're SOL on data collection on those, however I'm pretty certain that their deck is most likley gonna be the same one.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

bluetooth? whattya think this is mercedes bmw or acura? :p subaru is kind of behind on the ridiculous # of bells and whistles a lot of the extreme luxury cars on the market have. I think everyones pretty much exhausted the ipod and aux input research on the 201uh and ue (is that right? the VDC deck..) unfortunatley until we get some more 06'ers on here I think we're SOL on data collection on those, however I'm pretty certain that their deck is most likley gonna be the same one.

It just blows me away that piece of crap cars going for 16-25k$ get mp3 and bluetooth. Who is running SOA over there, a bunch of monkees?

Dodge Magnum, charger and new 300 have Blue tooth option.

Do any of the cars mentioned that sell for roughly $25K have sporting qualities even close to the Legacy's?

turbo-4 or bluetooth...

AWD or mp3 and FWD...

I see no reason to complain, get a different car if this is a "must-have"

Ted

:spin:

magnum charger and 300 are all cars created under the supervision of mercedes. They have a say in things now in dodge. Which explains why they have had a huge increase in "what people want" being RWD with lots of luxury trinkets. However.. mutli-displacement, I'm not so sure.. consumer reports reported 10mpg on the 300c in the city.. ouch

Seriously tho a lot of cars these days are indeed supporting at least mp3 playback capability.. including the outback (201UE I beleive is the radio code, I had the part # and stuff, do some research for "VDC headunit" on the forum if you are interested in getting one, its plug and play but its like $700) but it seems most factory stereos are getting more integrated and hard to replace.

All I really ask of the automotive market is at least 1 4v RCA out, and some input of some kind, I agree.. is that so much to ask??

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Considering that most people own legacys for 5+ years you'd think that they would include an input jack or something in the radio because look at where we were five years ago. People were just starting to get napster!!! I plan on having my legacy for 7-12 years, I am probably going to wind up with a cd with a cord hanging out of it like those stupid tapes, then someone will break into my car for my MP10 player like they broke into my 92 legacy for my cd player.... Grrrr.. Which I would like to point out they broke my fcuken window and the door was unlocked, and they stole my Hula girl <--- Totally off topic and blowing steam like a cartoon. But yes I think Subaru should have prepared their radios with a little more thought.

I dont think they'll ever make a CD aux input converter like those old tape things.. if they did it would have really good quality cos it could just feed the optical drive wht it wants to see,, but since a CD spins and the slot is so small I dont thinks uch a thing will ever be invented.

Fortunatley I live in a place where you can almost leave your doors unlocked with a laptop on the seat and people wont bother it. However I always lock my doors, especially when downtown.

I was just thinking last night, the radio and the a/c are 1 peice true.. but.. who says we cant remove the unnessecary components from the radio, like the 6 disc changer is probablly the bulk of the mass on the back of the radio, remove that, relocate the rest, and custom make a double din opening where the stock radio was and just.. dont hook up the factory radio boards to the speakers.. the only reason that wouldn't work is if theres no ribbon cables to relocate the boards with. It'd involve mutiliating your stock setup and risking losing your a/c controls but hey.. if it worked then you could run aftermarket and solve all these ridiculous complications.

• 4 months later...
Bluetooth option for hands free phone is a reality in Europe for about 350$ (expensive !)

Look at http://www.subaru.ch/fr/showroom/outback/outback-zubeh.htm

Sorry to revive this old thread ... anyone have a pic of this, or a part number, or anything more? I have friends in Europe that could send one over. But I'm curious what it hooks in to and how it works.

The Bluetooth accessory is available in the UK too ... they're easier to deal with, since I speak their language (for the most part.)

http://www.subaru.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/subaru_accessories.nsf/WebInternetAccessories/86C2218B307548C480256FF2004846EF?Opendocument

It looks from the pic like it plugs into the radio. I'll see if I can get a copy of the installation manual PDF'd up.

• 6 months later...
Any news? I'm curious if there is a parts list for the sedeya6000. It seems that if we can get the radio mute unit and the radio connection harness and enlist a bit of splicing, we could use any BT unit....

Really? Mine came with OEM bluetooth.

I'm continuing to stitch some things together. It seems that models sold in Europe and Japan have the SEDEYA6001 (or SEDEYA6000) Bluetooth kit available as an option. First question: Does anyone have a parts list for this option? I am interested to know what the part number is for the "Radio mute unit" and the corresponding "Radio Connection Harness".

If these two parts are not available, then I think that the following strategy can be employed:

1) Buy a BT unit (Motorola or Parrot or whatever)

2) If your headunit does not have a mute connection, you will need a "Radio Mute Unit". I have found a few links that might have what is needed:

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_kit_installation_leads/subaru.htm

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/06-069NB.html

The part in question is a 06-069NB and they seem to be going for a little under $80 and it appears that it comes with the harness needed for a splice-free install.

If your headunit does have a mute connection, then splice away (your car already has some form of a "Radio Mute Unit").

3) Search for the appropriate cable that allows you to connect the "Radio Mute Unit" to your BT unit. My BT unit is the Motorola IHF1000, so I either need the 06-203B Motorola cable(~$14) from Nexxia, or a combination of cables (06-224B 6 pin motorola and 06-221B Nokia to Molex 6 pin adapter) from Sio (~$28). Depending on which "Radio Mute Unit" I get...

I believe that the connection flow is as follows:

a) One end of the "Radio connection harness" plugs into radio, another into the car's harness (that was formerly connected to the radio) and the last one connects to the "Radio Mute unit".

b) Connect the "Radio Mute unit" to the BT unit with the appropriate cable.

c) Plug in microphone and controller keypad (if your BT unit came with one) and route the cable accordingly.

Please note that I am making one serious presumption: The wiring of the headunits in Europe are the same as in the US.

I have the BT unit already and I am about to pull the trigger on the "Radio Mute Unit" and cables (need to check another source first). I'll be sure to take pics during the install.

Any thoughts?

Finally, "Moon Unit Zappa". I just wanted to say "Moon Unit Zappa", but couldn't find an appropriate place....

Archived