LegacyGT.com

Blow off valve

Hi, its me again! :)

I've been researching on BOV's for my car and found that the HKS ssqv is the best one. I found two of them: The ssqv 3 and the ssqv 4

Do you guys know if the 4 is better than the 3?

why do you want a bov? your car has a BPV, bypass valve, it recirculates released air back into the intake system. getting a BOV will make your car run like sh!t unless your car gets tuned for it. The bov (vta - vent to atmosphere) release the air into atmosphere to make the psh noise. some cars are designed for this type of setup, other are not (like the majority of subarus).

secondly, there's no real need to upgrade the bpv until you go stg 2 or above as the stock one can leak sometimes.

I'm not mad. I'm glad. :lol:

you'll get the sound but the car more than likely will stall....continually. the design of the engine and intake is made to encorporate a recirculating bpv setup. :-/

Do the silencer removal mod if you want more sound.

If that's not enough look into panel filters.

If you're still hell bent on more noise then get a bov with the 50/50 recirculation capability. If you do buy a vta bov you may as well buy a used one and save some money. People quickly get tired of them quick.

I am stage 3.5 running 20psi on a stock bpv and have not needed to install the Forge BPV that I have sitting on the shelf. The stock one is good to around 22psi.

don't remove the vent intake thats going to the airbox, it works, and it works well. You can remove the jug-type thing under the air box, just start unscrewin and unpluggin and pull the box up and out and detach the big bottom piece.

I have a feeling that jug, since it sits in a cold air location, is cooler, and cools some flowing air in through the intake system.....not sure if it's designed to keep things quiet. It's nicknamed the "placenta" of the airbox :-/

I have a gfb response adjustable bov...I personally love it...days I feel like being a douche, I crank it almost all the way VTA (100%vta does give some wonky idle issues/throttle lift stutters). I normally leave it about 50/50 with no issues.

Verrrry easy to adjust. Just turn a ring and I use my iphone's face cam to see how far I have it shut/open. If I was smart, I'd mark it off on the bov with a white paint pen heh

The Ssqv v3 and v4 are basically the same. The v3 was discontinued but some places are still selling them. They make a recirculating kit for them that will run you roughly $50 from HKS minus shipping. The good thing about the Ssqv is it was never leak boost. Your on a stock set up, don't bother with it for now. Plus the Ssqv is a pull type bov/Bpv where is has a low pressure and high pressure chamber. So even the slightest amount of throttle will make it go psh. Which will get VERY annoying VERY quickly. If you go fmic it's a great bov since you don't have to worry about spring rate and compressor surge. But your stock so I honestly wouldn't waste the money on it not. Go get your self a k&n drop in panel filter and remove the airbox silencer. I promise you'll be happy with the extra sound for a while.

Im with dingbang i also have the gfb hybrid bov and love it. No issues with the car runnin like butt and its adjustable to your liking. Does sound as flashy as the ssqv but if thats what you want then go for it and get a tune. Or buy the recirrculator fitting for the hks bov.

Any level of VTA BOV is a post-MAF leak, making it impossible to tune out the split second rich conditions that occur when you let off the gas with a BOV. The only way to eliminate it is to move the MAF to a location later in the intake line after the BOV. Ideally, the MAF should be right before the air enters the throttle body to prevent rich conditions resulting from any air leaks.

On that note, I've got a turboXS 50/50 BOV and the only issue I have is backfiring when I lift off the throttle under partial boost on occasion, but that's a combo of the BOV and catless exhaust. No idle issues, no boost leaks, just noise.

I'm just going to drop this here on my way out

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1602235

It's cool; I'm with the band

you could maybe just make the noises with your mouth :)

yea a cold air intake dealie would give you some deacent things to listen to as well.

when i put the fmic i went post maf where the maf sensor was just before the throttle plate. and i used the stock bov

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3XE52QcsLM]‪05 subaru legacy gt with holset hx35‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

this is what i made with 150$ of parts

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

you could maybe just make the noises with your mouth :)

yea a cold air intake dealie would give you some deacent things to listen to as well.

when i put the fmic i went post maf where the maf sensor was just before the throttle plate. and i used the stock bov

this is what i made with 150$ of parts

This may be the first post that you havent mentioned buick this or buckaru that :lol:

i should have my own monster garage show. except i'll look like a tool "without tattos"

you should see me at work .. using a 30 tonne mould to pour chips into my mouth !

and putting large amounts of packing paper around welders feet ( while there welding ) for my amusement

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

i just installed the perrin VTA Bov and hardly notice a difference. ildes a little higher on cold starts and the vacuum reading on my boost gauge is a little higher. A very very slight stutter maybe when releasing the gas but nothing super out of the ordinary.

Olivia Wilde popping out of a giant cake asking me to lick the frosting off of her.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4OeCZaJnkqJrl4hCpbEdGQXxc5aUDG8Ccvj2C6A_7ngQ2m43tig

0o00o0o0o0o0oo. funny, I was watch year one last night too. :lol:

Archived