LegacyGT.com

Blinking Console display

I have a 2005 Legacy GT sedan, just got it a few months ago and I love the car. But I did notice a minor problem and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. While driving thru Tahoe during a storm, I noticed my center console display blinking. Not sure if the weather had anything to do with it, but i noticed it blinking again when I was back home. With less than 2k miles on the car currently, I pray that this is not an omen of more problems to come.

The tank was full. Yeah, the trip/mpg/temp display as well as the stereo display. The last time this occurred, I lit up the display by pressing the button that is located left of the trip/mpg/temp display and the flashing ceased. The flashing is very subtle now, but when it first occurred in tahoe, it was more pronounced.

Well the computer display will blink under the following conditions as I recall:

-if the display is set to show something other than temperature it will tell you the outside temperature briefly when you start the car (I wish it would show it longer personally)

-the E/T will blink at every increment of an hour (I think, either that or just at the first hour mark I can't recall) that the car is running

-When the tank is starting to get low it will tell you miles till empty at every increment of 10 miles, below 10 or 20 miles I have no idea what it does.

yeah the temp blinks anytime it reaches 37F or below. if the stereo display is blinking along with the trip/mpg/temp display, i don't know what that means. is it blinking steadily, or flickering inconsistently? do the lights go off totally or just dim and brighten? can you repeat the problem for the dealer? sounds almost like a poor connection or something. need more details...

Archived