LegacyGT.com

Bilstein HD with Epic springs... or alternate recommendations?

Civic2GT

anyone with experience with them? how is the drop? How do they ride? Any pictures?

I currently have an 06 Spec B with 75000 miles on them, all stock suspension. I'm looking to start modding my car bit by bit and trying to decide a setup to use.

Don't do any hardcore autox or racing, just spirited driving and cornering from time to time so I don't feel that I would need coilovers (if I did get coils, i'd be getting RCE Tarmac because I need the car to be "wife and family approved")

suggestions, answers, comments are highly appreciated. Thanks

I have no experience with the Epic springs. BUT- I have Spec #273 with Cobb springs. I like the slight drop in the front... I wish I had the pics from the specB meet up... the side-by-sides were nice.

In the multi-spec pics here I'm on the left. Not great angles unfortunately)

(My struts are leaking too, so yours may look different :lol: )

Hope you get some more input to help out.

cabinsun2.JPG.b6cdc374d3f3800f5210f40f0a2ce96d.JPG

specTACLE.JPG.b85b5ace76672cd855f0a3b6d9b63053.JPG

CheckYourspecs.JPG.3e53395882e37ebc5c1777d29bbf01d8.JPG

Two weeks ago installed Bilstein HD's and JDM pinks....perfect setup for this car...balanced stance...firm ride...super cornering and transitions....turned this car into what it was originally intended to be....the stance is perfect and a little lower than stock....I went with EDO's recommended version of pinks for this vehicle....a long wait for the slow boat from Japan, but worth the expense and time....this vehicle is now twice the car that it was when it came off the showroom floor...a true gt performance vehicle.

The car tracks through the twisting diving turns on the back roads like it was glued down....no bouncing, swaying, or weird transitions...

With the suspension setup also installed AVO LCA bushings, both small and large, at the same time. Used the non-offset large bushings per AVO's advice (I don't rally or race).

I'm running Perrin 22mm sways front and rear. Stiff front....medium rear.

On the breathing side, I replaced the stock manifolds/crosspipe with a Perrin EL header. I was already running a Grimmspeed uppipe with egt and cat deletes, a Perrin downpipe, and SPT catback. The Perrin header has totally smoothed out my exhaust....removed the odd harmonics that were being generated, the droning etc.....and spools power faster and smoother. The cabin noise is much less irritating...the header and uppipe both are wrapped....

Go with the right pinks....you won't be sorry.....

I went with these pinks:

http://shop.edoperformance.com/sti-pink-springs-frontrear-legacy-p-9386.html

Front JDM pinks: ST2033021010

Rear JDM pinks: ST2038021000

(note that not all pinks are created equal, and specific pinks are recommended for specific vehicles, though some will say this makes no difference)

And with these Bilsteins:

http://www.allshocks.com

Bilstein HD fronts: VE3-B830-H0 (front left), VE3-B831-H0 (front right)

Bilstein HD rears: BE5-B832-H0 (rear, one for each side)

Price: $1500 installed, including all parts and labor....Spec B front top hats and mounts, new seats for the rear, misc. hardware, etc.

I thought long and hard about which way to go, and this was an expensive choice.....but it's twice the car now, and I am some happy I went this route.....yes, I saved for a year to do this project....and haven't told my wife how much it cost....lol....

I purchased 1/4" spacers from Fred Beans.....however, there was not enough stud length to full tighten the self-locking nuts....so I removed the spacers. When the job was complete, the stance was perfect....but remember I used the JDM pinks recommended by EDO for this vehicle. If at some point in the future, there is rear sag, I will get new mounts with extender studs, and install spacers....I am convinced that the Bilstein HD's and the JDM pinks are designed perfectly for this vehicle....both in appearance and performance....

Also keep an eye out in the classifieds. Bought all mine used and spent less than $850 all together (shipped).

car looks good scooby....i like the stance..... i'm teetering between this setup (I can get sedan PINKS used from someone on the site) and koni/swift (which I can get pretty cheap). I'll be meeting up with the guy with the koni/swift combo to see how it rides and looks

Archived