LegacyGT.com

bigger hood scoop???

midslik

• 1 year later...
Ick. Looks terrible. Just get a FMIC. The lines of the Legacy are not conducive to a big scoop imho.

Totally agree. Considering a front mount is ~$100 more expensive than that scoop, not including shipping or paint, I would much rather take the front mount.

Check out the extended scoop by RRev Sports at the link below:

http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy307/rrevsports/Legacy%20Carbon%20fiber%20Hood%20scoop%20n%20Extension/

This one is more subtle and keeping with the lines of the LGT, at least I hope so cause I just ordered mine today, what's another $135. :lol:

If you want the bigger scoop, which in my opinion is too large, there is a cheaper $150 knock off on ebay (ships from Australia) and you won't be out so much cash if you don't like it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380259026598&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Check out the extended scoop by RRev Sports at the link below:

http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy307/rrevsports/Legacy%20Carbon%20fiber%20Hood%20scoop%20n%20Extension/

This one is more subtle and keeping with the lines of the LGT, at least I hope so cause I just ordered mine today, what's another $135. :lol:

If you want the bigger scoop, which in my opinion is too large, there is a cheaper $150 knock off on ebay (ships from Australia) and you won't be out so much cash if you don't like it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380259026598&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Which did you order? Pics are a little confusing. Are you getting what looks like a whole new piece or just that "smaller" piece that just looks like it goes around the edges of existing scoop? Interested in making my scoop a little larger and more efficient.

Might get flamed for it but i kinda like that EBay one you linked to

I have seen both of the types you are talking about. But , with a stock TMIC it's not going to make much difference. By the time you get to any type of power that the scoop add-on might help, your stock TMIC will most likely fail and the tanks will start to separate. Look up TMIC failing. They start to go around 18psi. So if you get the scoop get because you like the way it looks because I don't think it will help much. It won't do anything for heatsoak and if you don't get a tune then the stock one is fine. I made my FMIC because I wasn't going to keep my '05 5mt ltd wagon stock. Now I have a 340whp pump gas daily driver. Now that they are opening a bunch of e85 stations by me I'm going back to e85. With my old 20g I made 370whp on e85 . I think I'm going to tune it closer to 400whp this time. My test car for my FMIC made 400whp with a 68hta.

But, get it if you like it and don't worry about what other say. IMHO I don't think it will help. Just my $.02

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I like the RREV replacement scoop, but I just don't think it would look right on a white car. And I don't like the look enough to paint it. Either way, that particular scoop isn't really going to help get more air to the intercooler.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have seen both of the types you are talking about. But , with a stock TMIC it's not going to make much difference. By the time you get to any type of power that the scoop add-on might help, your stock TMIC will most likely fail and the tanks will start to separate. Look up TMIC failing. They start to go around 18psi. So if you get the scoop get because you like the way it looks because I don't think it will help much. It won't do anything for heatsoak and if you don't get a tune then the stock one is fine. I made my FMIC because I wasn't going to keep my '05 5mt ltd wagon stock. Now I have a 340whp pump gas daily driver. Now that they are opening a bunch of e85 stations by me I'm going back to e85. With my old 20g I made 370whp on e85 . I think I'm going to tune it closer to 400whp this time. My test car for my FMIC made 400whp with a 68hta.

But, get it if you like it and don't worry about what other say. IMHO I don't think it will help. Just my $.02

THANKS man and i have seen the TMIC failing thread FTL LOL. Atmost right now being this is my daily driver and i NEED the reliability for everyday driving plans are only stage 2. That being said a new TMIC might just be included in my budget for stage 2 parts, but i honestly do like the looks of the bigger scoop.

Which did you order? Pics are a little confusing. Are you getting what looks like a whole new piece or just that "smaller" piece that just looks like it goes around the edges of existing scoop? Interested in making my scoop a little larger and more efficient.

Might get flamed for it but i kinda like that EBay one you linked to

I ordered the whole extended scoop, not just the extension you can tack onto your existing scoop.

Talked w/ Jason at RRev and they have them in stock even though there's currently no add to cart option. Got a few other parts I want to put on so I probably won't be doing anything with it until I can get everything painted.

• 1 month later...
Hmm, definitely makes me want to get one LC. Thanks for the pics!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived