LegacyGT.com

So I have recently left/let go of my job as a mechanic (he was Coke head who hardly paid me and skrewed me over so Many times I had to leave) and I started working with a non profit missions organization called touch the world except I don't get paid I need to raise support. I thought I'd get enough side jobs to make it work before I raised the support but everyone's broke now and doesn't wana fix anything. So what I'm getting at is I'm super broke and need cash. I don't want to at all but I need to sell my leggy :-( it's been like a daughter to me threw everything I've done but I need money so I'm Gunna try to sell it and get a cheaper stock leggy for now that I'll build down the road when I have money again.

Why I'm posting here and not in classifieds is because idk what price to post it for and looking for feedback

It is a 99 legacy GT limited 30th anniversary it's red with black leather interior mint on the inside. Its swapped with a freshly built 2.2 closed deck block with ej20g jdm heads. Everything has been done even have the killer bee oil pickup and grimmspeed air oil separator. It has a new act stage 2 clutch. A 2005 Wrx Drivetrain. New tien coilovers. Oh and standalone ecu. Much more I'll have in the selling post but any thoughts?

If I'm not allowed to ask this hear let me know and I'll remove it I just don't know how to sell it for I really don't wana loose out I have 8k just in parts into it not to mention thousands of hours.

Thank you And If anyone knows a job or something in new jersey let me know I'd love not to have to sell the car

Where in NJ are you? I'm assuming you're only looking for a mechanic's job?

Yeah pretty much I'm mainly looking for sidework jobs cause I have a garage with a lift and I still want time for my ministry. I'm in Wayne Nj it's northern Nj

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/shizz2thenat/19e5a712.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/shizz2thenat/df7b3466.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/shizz2thenat/69a591c8.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/shizz2thenat/c3962b05.jpg

That's a beaut!! Wow!! You shouldn't sell her. That's a ton of work!!

So the motor is off of a 1st Gen Legacy Turbo and the heads are off of a JDM ej20g?

what sort of power did yoh end up producing? I'm assuming that your BD is a 5mt.

Interior shots? So awesome!!

I can't help you with work, or a job...

But I am putting another 2.5 engine in my 96 LGT this coming Sunday or next Wednesday and I plan on selling it. I know I'm probably 600 miles away, but if you want it, let me know.

It's not as nice as yours, needs some body work and a few mechanical parts, but nothing too ridiculous.

Wow for the car!

There are a bunch of places to look for work (I'm sure you know this). You can try some other forums with a lot of mechanics (such as BITOG). Worth sniffing around at least!

I'm not in NJ but tell us as much as you can for what you are looking for in a job. I will look around if I get some free time tomorrow.

I heard that Wayne Subaru is looking for sales people. I've bought three cars from them, fourth one next week (4th on behalf of my boss) and they are really nice.

Maybe something to look at since you're Subaru savvy.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Yeah pretty much I'm mainly looking for sidework jobs cause I have a garage with a lift and I still want time for my ministry. I'm in Wayne Nj it's northern Nj

I think you will have to strongly consider what job / jobs might make the most sense for you right now. Ministry is great and very gratifying work - a different gratification than working on cars or other mechanical types of jobs. I am sure you enjoy it and that is why you want to stick with it.

Obviously when it comes to money you are going to have to make tough decisions on what your work is. There might be a good job in the car world out there (you obviously seem very intelligent in this area), and that would also open up the opportunity for side jobs as you make more contacts in that arena. But of course that leaves little time for the ministry... so it all comes down to priority. But if you are really strapped it might make sense to reduce your time in the ministry, build up a cushion or comfort level with money, then slowly bring the ministry back to the forefront. And you might have the means to make a bigger impact as well.

Or start your own ministry, car care for single moms where they only pay for parts, labor is free. :) Then you get local support which keeps you afloat and pays you to live and keep the shop up. That requires its own support stream of cash though, and going out and getting it is hard.

I applaud you wanting to sell the car first before exiting the ministry and going full-time somewhere though. It says a lot about character.

I think you will have to strongly consider what job / jobs might make the most sense for you right now. Ministry is great and very gratifying work - a different gratification than working on cars or other mechanical types of jobs. I am sure you enjoy it and that is why you want to stick with it.

Obviously when it comes to money you are going to have to make tough decisions on what your work is. There might be a good job in the car world out there (you obviously seem very intelligent in this area), and that would also open up the opportunity for side jobs as you make more contacts in that arena. But of course that leaves little time for the ministry... so it all comes down to priority. But if you are really strapped it might make sense to reduce your time in the ministry, build up a cushion or comfort level with money, then slowly bring the ministry back to the forefront. And you might have the means to make a bigger impact as well.

Or start your own ministry, car care for single moms where they only pay for parts, labor is free. :) Then you get local support which keeps you afloat and pays you to live and keep the shop up. That requires its own support stream of cash though, and going out and getting it is hard.

I applaud you wanting to sell the car first before exiting the ministry and going full-time somewhere though. It says a lot about character.

Why thank you sir and yes I've thought threw all of this and the whole car care for just parts I've always wanted to do and going to try and make it happen, it's just hard to do work for free but still somehow get paid to enough to live. Why I'm wanting to leave the automotive field is that being a mechanic Im very good at and very fast and fix most any problem... Except it makes me angry and aggravated and after a whole day of work I may have made a ton of money and fixed a ton of cars but I'm just in a bad mood, also I'm looking to get married soon like next yearish and I don't want to work 50 hours a week as a tech and come home to my new wife pissed everynight. I've thought of opening my own full time shop but I'd have no time for family or raising my kids.

As crazy as it sounds to all of you it was a crazy concept to me as well until recently, but working and making money and having sweet cars doesn't actually make you happy and doesn't actually mean anything. When your old and all alone but have a ton of worked cars and a sick house and everything but no family or at least no close family cause you worked so much you missed out your wife and kids the cars and stuff won't mean anything. Not saying having cars is bad and isn't fun just saying to me I'd rather be working doing something like ministry where I'm not only building relationships with the people I serve but also I'll be doing most of the work week from home so I can be with my future wife and our future kids.

I am not "religious" but I believe in God and I believe in Jesus and I believe that I need to spread the awesome news about him and that that's more important than my Subaru and more important than money and that as long as I'm serving him that he will provide me with everything I need. It would nice if my leggy was under the category of things I need but I really feel like I want it, but don't need it.

So that's why Im thinking of selling the car I don't need a crazy Subaru that only take premium gas and prolly doesn't get to great of gas mileage I'm not in a race everyday and also as crazy as that sounded this is crazier... I also want to buy my girlfriend a ring and propose to her. As much time I've spent with my Subaru and as much as I love my legacy and would never want to get rid of her I love my girlfriend Katie alot more and she's worth more than every car I've built put together

"money doesnt buy happiness, but id rather cry in a mansion" someone told me that the other day hehe.

its very possible to maintain a healthy family relationship and still have the toys you want. im single with 3 kids, work a full time job and still make time for both kids and toys. my kids are involved with my toys, they help me fix up cars.

no comment on the religion thing, to each his own.

"money doesnt buy happiness, but id rather cry in a mansion" someone told me that the other day hehe.

its very possible to maintain a healthy family relationship and still have the toys you want. im single with 3 kids, work a full time job and still make time for both kids and toys. my kids are involved with my toys, they help me fix up cars.

no comment on the religion thing, to each his own.

I'm not saying it's not possible sorry if it sounded that way I'm not talking down on anyone that makes it work I'm just saying this is how I feel for me any one else makes it work and is happy with that then good for you

Look dude, I feel your whole "I want to spread the awsome jesusness to the world" and making a difference in this F'ckd up world while having the wifey & kids but DON'T SELL THE SUBIE!!!! Pray about it and keep keepin' on man. I'll pray for you too. And if it comes to it I'll meet you half way and trade you my OBW for your 30th LGT.

Look dude, I feel your whole "I want to spread the awsome jesusness to the world" and making a difference in this F'ckd up world while having the wifey & kids but DON'T SELL THE SUBIE!!!! Pray about it and keep keepin' on man. I'll pray for you too. And if it comes to it I'll meet you half way and trade you my OBW for your 30th LGT.

Opportunistic saphrobe. :lol:

Thank you man I really will try and keep the car I have put soooo much into it but if I really do have to get rid of it I will let you know you seem like you'd be a good owner and appreciate the work done thanks for the encouragement

That's a beaut!! Wow!! You shouldn't sell her. That's a ton of work!!

So the motor is off of a 1st Gen Legacy Turbo and the heads are off of a JDM ej20g?

what sort of power did yoh end up producing? I'm assuming that your BD is a 5mt.

Interior shots? So awesome!!

Here's some interior shots...

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/shizz2thenat/be13608e.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/shizz2thenat/abb90df3.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/shizz2thenat/b98b211a.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/shizz2thenat/6b8b684d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived