LegacyGT.com

AVO Catback exhaust arrived and installed today!!

ShaggyGT

Got my AVO catback exhaust in today, took about a week from Paul in Japan, and got it installed. It sounds and looks freakin awesome!! Install was very straight foward and included everything you need to install it (all gaskets and bolts). Took about 15 minutes to remove the stock exhaust and install the new exhaust. It was definitely worth the money. Inpression are: It is actually a bit loud for my taste, athought I do have the mid cat. gutted so it may actually be a bit quiter with both cats in the downpipe. There was definitely a power increase, I will find out for sure in the next week or so as the local dealership just got their dyno in today. The sounds is just amazing though, with a very low growl at idle and even louder growl at WOT, but nothing too anoying it just sounds good. There is quite a bit of drone at highway speeds, so if your looking for something you can stand for a long trip then this isnt the exhaust for you. I am considering swaping out the rear mufflers with the stock ones and just swap them back for race days. I will post up some pictures of the exhaust tommorow and will work on getting some video/sound clips. -Matt

Shaggy GT, thanks for the review so far Paul, your products are of high quality and all of your tests show great results, thanks for your offerings. A little droning is a small price to pay for the cumulative effects of AVO mods. And 'drone' is in the ear of the beholder. Paul, you spoke of a 'pill' a week or so ago, in a thread that showcased the cumulative performance increase of AVO products. You mentioned that you may be offering it soon. Any word on this? will this mod be offered?

-Hatt

2005 Obsidian Black Legacy GT 5MT Un-Limited Sedan

First, Congratulations! Our shipper must have gotten our message about moving it over quick. :D [quote name='Hatt Marrington']Paul, you spoke of a 'pill' a week or so ago, in a thread that showcased the cumulative performance increase of AVO products. You mentioned that you may be offering it soon. Any word on this? will this mod be offered?[/QUOTE] It will, but we are being bent over and done senseless with getting some other things done first. I'll see if we can get one to a person in the states for testing in the next week or so. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

hey paul i was wondering bout the full turboback system i ordered.. is it gonna be louder than shaggys here?? with highway drone? i dont want any drone,, me no likey.. the system contains a cat and resonator correct.. i dont want to scream up the block here. thanx.. im guessin its gonna be a lil quieter with the cat in there so im crossin my fingers

[quote name='nendo']hey paul i was wondering bout the full turboback system i ordered.. is it gonna be louder than shaggys here?? with highway drone? i dont want any drone,, me no likey.. the system contains a cat and resonator correct.. i dont want to scream up the block here. thanx.. im guessin its gonna be a lil quieter with the cat in there so im crossin my fingers[/QUOTE] It's hard to tell without hearing Shaggy's exhaust system, but with one of his cat's gutted, that may be the source of extra noise. Mine doesn't seem that loud, though I may be used to the Japanese idea of noisy. Some people have commented that it is too quiet. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

[quote name='nendo']also any revised eta for the turboback to my door??? me anxious!!!!!!![/QUOTE] We are looking at doing a custom order for you to get it to you a bit sooner, instead of waiting till all the rest of the pipes are done. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

[quote name='ShaggyGT']Pictures will be up tonite. Video clips on the other hand might be a bit unless someone wants to buy me a DigiCam. -Matt[/QUOTE] Fine....pics are good. But take alot of them.. :D Don't you have a buddy you can coax over with his digicam for some beer.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived