LegacyGT.com

Avg. MPG

I've been running on 94 Octane and i only get 20mpg...most of the time in the 19.5+'s...If i push the engine i'll avg about 17.....just got alignment done...so i kno thats not killin it.....what engine problems are there that can ruin millege and what mods can i do to improve millege.

thats not it....i've actually drove like a turtle and barely made 23avg mpg....My car used to do 25 w/ no problem when it was new....im just wonderin what could be killin my gas millege.....could 94 burn that much faster than lets say VPower?

I have 30,000 mile on my 05 GT 5 speed with Cobb AP and Perin filter. I have avg. 22-23 mpg ever since new, as long as I keep my foot out of it.

You may want to contact the dealer.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If I can keep the RPMs below 4K then I can get 20 average. That is all city driving too. I don't really get a chance to drive above 60 durring the week because of where I live and where I work. A soon as I whomp on the gas I can watch that average drop to 17. Driving like a normal person keeps my average high. Driving like a grandma can get me 22 sometimes, but I didn't buy the car to drive like a grandma. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

30,000 miles here too.......going to get my extended warranty today before time runs out. car will be 1 year old in less than 2 weeks. well 1y.o. since it was born into the hands of the best father a legacy can have.

I drive mostly city driving (well the equivalent of it). acceleration eats into yoru fuel efficeincy a LOT on this car. Avoid idling, avoid routes with lots of traffic lights, avoid traffic jams. If you are using the avg mpg reading on the trip computer, make sure you reset it. It seemed pretty consistent at being 0.5 MPG over the mileage I was actually getting, so I did some experiments.

Not resetting the trip-odomoeter and thus the avg. with a fill up made it more inaccurate. About 1 MPG instead of .5 or less. Going with cheap generic gas (read no high-end additive package) made the trip computer much less accurate. Showed 18.7 avg mpg by the end of the tank. In reality, I had gotten the usual 17.3 or so.

The most important factor is avoiding hard acceleration. From the looks of things, the car just dumps a whole bunch of gas into the engine to absorb heat and prevent knock when you mash the pedal and accelerate hard.

I do wish the gas pedal had a bit more resistance to it so grannying it would be a bit easier. it needs a feather touch, and that can get fatiguing.

i'm averaging about 16mpg over 2300 miles. :lol: almost all city driving, with lots of hills and the AC running constantly since i got the car. if i wanted to save money on gas, i'd get a moped.

agree on the light gas pedal resistance - its hard to keep it steady when i'm bored and play "try to get good gas mileage" using the little display. :D

Hey KayGT,

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here - and please don't be offended by how "noobish" some of this might sound....

What's your interval since last oil/filter change? Air filter change/cleaning? How about your last tire-pressure checks?

And the biggie, how friggin' hot has it been where you are?

:)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Search for any of the normal fuel efficiency associated terms ("mpg," "fuel economy," etc.....), and you'll get a whole host of 24+ MPG reports for extended highway cruising.

My best was around a 27.5-27.8 (indicated on dash) on a 1400-mile round-trip, cruising at 75-85 mph.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Getting 18.5 to 20 in short hop suburban driving with the AC always on. Was surprised to get a (measures by tank fill-ups) 28.4 mpg on a 400 mile trip through Wisconsin at mostly 70 mph using the cruse control (with AC on all the way). This was 3 weeks ago with about 4500 miles on the car (LGT). The same trip back in march with 1K on the car and no AC gave about 25 mpg. Also running 34 psi in the RE-92's. Gas is Shell V-Plus 93 octane.

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

Last road trip towards good old Allen in Clevland netted me about 30.7 mpg at around 75-80 most of the way..a 460 mile trip roughly..so figure the car puter is 1.5 mpg off..i got 29.2 mpg. I am just shy of the 10k mark right now, was around 8k back then.

Jeremy,

Damn! I've gotta have you drive me around on long trips! Talk about gas savings!!!!!! :D

---

Oh, and to-add, I should mention that my trip was with A/C on full-tilt all the way. Super humid during that road-trip. I should also add the disclaimer that I did (1) get stuck in traffic for about 3 hours at one point (having gone less than 10 miles during that time), and also did two top-speed runs to verify that my Winky was capable of "walkin' the walk."

I've been tracking fuel usage since new (9/20/04):

*MPG

*Fuel Price

*Cost per mile

*Computer MPG

*Computer - Actual MPG variance

etc... See the fuel milage link on the following page...

www.calvars.com/unilat/auto/menu.htm

And yes, I have other hobbies... :)

Edit-- BTW, I just went the AP stage 1 route, and the work that Cobb has done with the throttle tip in has taken a lot of touchiness out of the throttle.

I dont drive my car that often maybe once or twice a week, most of the trips aren't very far. The most i might drive is a 50 mile round trip every once in a while, most are just around town. I would have to say i drive pretty aggressive and i always average 22.5 - 23 mpg. Always running 93+

I've only had the car for ONE week. 600+ miles later...daily 150 commute 24.7-25.0 mpg, this includes 3000 feet elevation gain and 3000 feet drop, that was tank one and tank 2. Tank 3 is at 20.0 mpg but I've been chugging around town.

Unilat - Heya Good Neighbor,

LOL, forget the chart (impressive, to say the least, BTW!) - let's talk about you in that Lambo!

Archived