LegacyGT.com

Autospeed Turboback Exhaust

ugadogs_11

Turboback... no. Catback, yes. I love the sound of the catback and can only assume the turboback will sound similar. I know that the Catback version has issues fitting up to other mid/downpipes so I think the best solution would be to go turboback and there should be no fitment issues.

• 3 weeks later...
There are tons written on this board about the Autospeed CBE. Search and ye shall find - seriously.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I believe they are discontinued, which sucks because I believe their site says $349.00 for a catted dp. Trust me, a lot more than a hand-full of people would have them if they were still being made/sold.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

They are discontinued. I got the last one earlier this year. Don't know why the stopped making them. Mine is a perfect fit and I have had zero problems with it.

Don't rub it in!! :)

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I have catless turboback and it sounds amaaazing, but I have had serious issues with the fitment. Every time I go full out it comes out of one of the hangers, and even when it is in all the hangers it sits crooked. With the car lowered on coilovers clearance became an issue; the joint between the downpipe and catback has scraped the ground on multiple occasions, but I'm sure other exhausts have the same or similar clearance

I have emailed the info. center a couple times now about the TBE, but I guess they are just too damn lazy to reply.

I didn't catch your name until now - I'm a student at Georgia - If you're in Athens over the next week I'll still have the Autospeed on the car (if you want to hear it in person) - after that I'll have traded out the catback for an MR and I'll have the CBE just chilling - I'd be willing to see if it'll fit on on your car w/ you - it's a really quick install.

Guest Gitster
So what mods do you have to get to make a CBE into a TBE?

There was a good illustration on SubiWiki of the power system including all of the exhaust pipes but it seems to be missing.

From the Turbo back you have a down pipe, intermediate pipe, y pipe, then mufflers I believe.

Archived