LegacyGT.com

Australia to get Liberty tuned by STi

msb175

The limited edition Liberty GT tuned by STI

The limited edition Liberty GT spec.B tuned by STI

ARRIVING early APRIL.

Bred for performance, the stunning Liberty GT spec.B is now tuned by STI for even more exhilaration.

Harnessed beneath the bonnet lies the power of a turbo-charged Boxer engine enhanced by STI to a heart-pounding 194kW. Handling is razor sharp thanks to STI tuned sports suspension and an STI aerodynamics package. Furthermore, low profile Pirelli Rosso tyres and All-Wheel Drive ensure it’s anchored to the asphalt.

This thoroughbred is dressed to thrill, sporting 12-spoke 18" STI alloys and dual STI twin pipe mufflers, Brembo performance brakes and Limited Edition ‘tuned by STI’ badging. And the grooming continues inside, where black leather seats with STI stitching embellish an already luxurious interior.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/darknightohio/LibertySTicopy.jpg

If performance is your passion you’ll love the Subaru Liberty GT tuned by STI.

Available in Brilliant Silver or Obsidian Black Pearl,

Limited edition features:

Increased power now up to 194kW with a new STI Engine Control Unit tested and developed by STI for Australian conditions

Increased torque for improved responsiveness through the rev range

18” STI ENKEI alloy wheels with Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tyres

Enhanced STI aerodynamics package including STI front lip spoiler and rear spoiler

Limited edition badges with STI insignia, on engine cover and boot lid

Manual transmission vehicles feature an STI short shift gear lever, for smooth, crisp gear changes

Automatic transmission vehicles have a revised Transmission Control Unit (TCU) for a faster and sportier shift program

Dual low back-pressure STI twin tip mufflers for a throaty exhaust note

STI Brembo performance brakes upgrade including STI stainless mesh brake hoses

Sporty black Alcantara/leather with embroidered STI stitching interior trim with red luminescent instrument cluster

Increased power now up to 194kW (260 hp) with a new STI Engine Control Unit tested and developed by STI for Australian conditions

Pricing

Sedan

6 speed manual $65,990RRP1 plus dealer delivery and statutory charges are additional2

5 speed ^SPORTSHIFT auto $65,990RRP1 plus dealer delivery and statutory charges are additional2

Wagon

6 speed manual $67,990RRP1 plus dealer delivery and statutory charges are additional2

5 speed ^SPORTSHIFT auto $67,990RRP1 plus dealer delivery and statutory charges are additional2

This heart pounding thoroughbred is limited to only 300 limited edition vehicles.

Sporting the same grille as the US spec Legacy, I hope it comes to the US.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. manual or automatic transmission. Probably three colors, as well, if previous version is any indication.

THIS car should be in the US market, at the current Spec B's price point. The current Spec B should be opened up for full color palette, and optional NAV, and price the spec B at the GT Limited's ~29k price point.

Drop the price on the GT limited to 26k.

Advertise and stock the cars.

Step 2: ?

Step 3: Profit.

Are most or all of those tuned by STi modifications available for the USDM '08s LGT's via aftermarket?

I suppose most are but, IMO, straight from the factory is generally better than aftermarket in terms of integration. Also, one of the biggest items the "tuned by STI" gets you is the Brembo brakes. I'd love those but don't want to pay $2500 or so for used parts that don't quite fit.

oh my word!! what the hell were they thinking with... car parts horse?! WTF?!

If I'd walked into a Subaru showroom with a big poster of that hideous horsework, I'd have the undying urge to get out of there. Nice car though. (stll don't know why they call it a Liberty)

Guest Gitster

Ill wait for others to chime in, but that styling is NOT brand new.

Its the same as the current Gen Japanese, Australian, and Euro models, minus the STi specifics.

So you dont think they wll bring the auto transmission here with it....b/c that y didnt want the Spec B.....I was hoping that the "tuned by STI" legacy would come with an optional auto...like it says

(I live in a very high traffic area...stick would be no good here)

Archived