LegacyGT.com

ATL LGTs

Jerboa113

it looks like most of the southeast region GA people are from ATL, but.. I thought maybe we could try our own thread to discuss the city and whatnot.

I actually live in D-ville about 45 minutes west of midtown. You know...past 6 flags and all that. I'm actually looking to move to the powder springs/Marietta/kennesaw area tho in another year or so economy job and my rather undeveloped handy man skills willing.. to be closer to work. I drive 55 miles a day now and its about killing me stress traffic and gas wise thanks to the shortage.

So where yall at? Maybe we should arrange a meet up one day or somethin, I know the rides are usualy in Helen but I think for most of us thats too far and too much time.. we're busy in atl! :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone in ATL want to have an install day? I need to get down and do my UP and DP. I also have a group N tranny mount that needs installing. I live in a condo and therefor the parking lot isnt a great option for the install. Anyone have a house that wants help doing something in trade?

As a side note, I went up to DBA 4000's for the front rotors and have some spare stockers if someone wants them.

Also have a nose-bug guard.

huh, havent seen any silver LGTs up here.. I see a blue 2.5i being driven by some oriental looknig lady every now and then.. and I see a bunch of wrxs but of course they never wave or even look..

gtkan when were you talking about doing all this? I'm trying to minimize my outdoor activity right now cos its ragweed season and its one of my worse pollen allergies.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

its an hour 1 way for me to SoG. When the connector was open... now it may be 1:15-1:20.. I'd take 20 to 285 around to 85 and then up..

I am HOPING that the plans I allegedly have for next weekend are still on.. people keep postponing things on me.. 1st it was last weekend then this weekend then next weekend..

I'm sick of my bathroom being unfinished its been more than a fricken year! I'm close.. but I need my parents help to finish this up.. I dont know how to do tiling...

sorry man, I'd like to help especially since Ive only ever wrenched on my car to do the hids that I dont have anymore, clear the headlights and changed my oil once. :lol:

The previous owner of this house seemingly had no idea how to do things and no taste at all. I pulled off the wallpaper in the last week in the hall bathroom and found that 2 walls are green like a stop light, and 2 walls are navy blue..... no wonder they wallpapered it.

The other bathroom (the one thats ready for tile) had pink carpet on the floor and green tile on the walls.. they tiled over receipticals mirrors all kinds of stuff thats not up to code. They also had a seperate shower that didnt work at all. We had to rip it down to the studs and replace the insulation and everything... the builders even put the insulation in wrong. We totally re-plumbd it, reframed the closet, the door, rebuilt the ceiling, insulation walls, even rewired it.. I put the 2nd coat of paint on the ceiling today.. so we've come a long way.

ya know if this gas thing doesn't get better I'm going to have to trade this car in on something that can run on 87 octane.. All the stations I know are out now.

You dont know of anyone wanting my black prodrive's do you? They are in the wheels for sale section, bought them from SOG last week and cant afford them. They were just such a great deal (425 each (down from 670)) that I thought I might as well. Turns out I might as well not have, my wife is going to kill me if I dont move them out.

unfortunately no. The only guy I know that owns an LGT lives in Augusta and his wife probably wont let him waste money on something like that.

I drive 29 miles into work, 26 out. (different path cos of traffic) This morning I passed 1 station that had 87 only.. most of the others have their signs taken down and bags over all the pump handles. My favorite station in Hiram has been out a full 2 weeks of all their stock and they haven't gotten any more.

Friday I tried 7 gas stations before I found one that had 93 and I had to wrestle with people to get a pump.

Even if I de-tune the minimum I can run is 91.. and what stations have gas only have 87 anyway. :(

I dont know what to do...

I've thought about trading it in for a TL/S supposedly they are tuned for 91 but can run 87 according to acuraworld forum members. I looked at the TL very heavily when I bought this car.

I hate to give up my LGT for a temporary problem, but this is just a sample of what will happen in the future if politics ever get us shut off from the boys across the pond.

i cant imagine the econ tune requiring less than 91 octane. The 91 octane is a factory thing..

right, but the econ mode limits boost. The critical factor in using 87 is boost, compression, and temp (lowering boost also lowers temp), so I would imagine they could set it up to use 87. Youd lose some power in the mean time, but it would get you through.

I have a garage, but it's a tight fit. I'm up in the Woodstock area about 5 miles from 575 off of hwy 92. And I'm down for a small get together. We could also post on WRXatlanta. There are a lot of cool people on there if we want to invite some other subies.
2011 WRX Hatch currently. Looking for OXT or FXT for new daily to go with the WRX.

Archived