LegacyGT.com

arizona heat 108+

Today i drove across the state and it was 108 degrees out, got off the highway and it was running rough let it cool down and it was fine. anyone local having probs driving with it this hot out? cant afford a bigger intercooler so i am gonna make a diy sprayer, im stationed at ft huachuca if anyone wants to help?

acutaly its been running like its got a lack of power after yesterdays drive, i checked the t fitting and put clamps on all three hoses making sure it wasnt that, but the symptoms are that of when the t fitting does come off like theres a lack of about 100 hp but no check engine light. it feels like i have a full car of poeple in it durring acceleration.

I had a similar problem with my old Saab. It wouldn't overheat, but was sluggish and felt like I had bricks in the back. It turned out that the radiator wasn't doing its job, so I dropped in an oversized radiator...might not be the solution for you. You might try flushing your coolant. It should be a nice lighter blue color. It may be a place to start if you have time a little money.

Sorry I can't help you more, I'm not certain that your problem is the same. Right now I own a 2.5 SE, so I may be missing something concerning the turbo in yours...

I checked the coolant seems to be fine, When I started my trip I never stopped for about three hrs and when i arrived the vac line where the t fitting is under the intercooler where it meets the the intake manifold had came off, although it didn't notice it untill I came to the first stop I had put it back on and the car ran fine again, I'm going to change the plugs I'm guessing the vacuums leaks running lean burnt up the plugs causing a rough idle now, and if that don't help I'm going to do a one over on the vac lines and possible intake manifold gaskets because with the rough idle it's also about 200 rpm higher

Zip tie all the vacume lines you can get to.

You may want to think about replacing the o-ring seals where the intake meets the TGV's.

That seems to help the rough idle.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

oh trust me vacuume lines are in the order, im going to just replace them all, it seems i had been driving my car for the longest time with one of the t fittings off, even the dealer didnt pick that up and they replaced my turbo for pice of mind ;) gotta love a subi dealar that actualy wants to help although i just moved from there i would have just taken it in. but the last symptom i can describe is it used to feel like the car wanted to accelerate from under me with minimal effort and now i have to mash on the gas wait a second then the 5eat will downshift and go as if there is terrible lag between when i press the trottle to when the starts to accelerate

how long has it been since you re-hooked the vacuum hose? it might take the car a little bit to re-learn.

also, the coolant in the 05 cars is green. the blue stuff is for newer years, i forget when they changed. and i think you have to stay with the green stuff for life.

im just going to go to autozone and get new hoses, after i tear the top down to replace the manifold gaskets ill to a walkthrough with pics if i find something that hast been pointed out, im sure im not the only one with something of this sort i just dont have any subis around to get help with and the dealar is a two hr drive

You don't need to remove the intake all the way for the o-rings. We just lifted one side, removed the two rings with a good pair of needle nose pliers made damn sure the new o-rings felt like they were in correctly and lowered that side. There is a bunch of crap under the intake that makes it a PITA to remove.

That was 3 weeks ago. I haven't started the car yet, waiting for the tranny to come back, (different thread).

BTW when you see the new o-rings next to the old ones, you'll understand the problem. (stupid subaru).

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

i replaced the gasket between my uppipe and manifold now i have a horrid squeel when i boost :(

you have a vac and/or boost leak. find it. tighten every hose and follow every hose to a location to make sure it's attached to something. a vac/boost leak will cause a rough idle like you mentioned.

ok guys i come to the conlusion that the spark plugs were burnt up from running lean with the vac line off for so long becuase i didnt have a check line come on when the left hose came off. i replaced the plugs and wow my car idles so smooth i kept thinking it was dying every time i came to a stop but it had just become like silk. BUT look what i fould, my belt tensior had just decidied it wanted to break apart lol the bottom of the bracket is just gone and the long tesor rod was was just dangeling by the tip bolt

Archived