LegacyGT.com

APEXCONE Raptor V2 gone, what now?

DR.1337

So I was waiting till my car got out of the shop to get the kit. Well I shouldn't have procrastinated. So with it being gone, what alternative choice do I have> I don't mind spending up to $150 if I have to so as long as I get my money's worth. Any thoughts?

Update: Its back now so I guess its no longer gone for the time being.

Do i need to add the hid harness dual in/out for 12 bucks, i dont know what that is for?

Most folks have not needed it. It's to even out the power delivery so you don't get one ballast firing and the other not.

I still need to install mine. Good to hear they're selling them again.

DDM tunings kit has been great so far. No troubles here at all what so ever and with that price there's not much to complain about.

Knowing how crappy ebay kits are, I was skeptical after I saw the price, but after reading through that 22 page thread about it, I have been convinced.:spin:

Ok guys I have one more question regarding my kit. I recieved a tracking number like 2 days after I purchased my set. Now what was weird is that it linked to Fedex yet no such number works with Fedex. I typed EMS and was able to pull up the website. I was able to track my shipment from their website and it showed that it is indeed coming from China. My questions is: is it normal for DDM to ship stuff straight from China rather then Cali and also why would they link me to Fedex rather then EMS? Thanks.

Ok guys I have one more question regarding my kit. I recieved a tracking number like 2 days after I purchased my set. Now what was weird is that it linked to Fedex yet no such number works with Fedex. I typed EMS and was able to pull up the website. I was able to track my shipment from their website and it showed that it is indeed coming from China. My questions is: is it normal for DDM to ship stuff straight from China rather then Cali and also why would they link me to Fedex rather then EMS? Thanks.

Mine came from Cali as well. DDM is a major sponsor on another forum I'm on. They have said they were having trouble keeping supplies on hand to fulfill orders. Low price kits are selling like crazy now since a set of Silverstars will run you the same price. They also mentioned that US Customs have been cracking down on imported HID kits lately.

Well here is what DDM told me today: "We are shipping the kits directly from our factory in China. If we shipped them from our warehouse is San Diego, the customer would have to wait additional time for us to receive and then re ship the product to them."

So I guess they are changing things up a bit. Hopefully I get it soon.

I ordered mine from ddm on the 4th and according to fedex tracking number they are in route already coming from california from ddm. so I dont know what they got going on with yours DR

No its fine. I guess they didn't have any stock in Cali so rather then having the kit sent to them from China then to me, they just took the direct route, this is according to DDM. Anyway, I received my kit on Monday, so it only took about a week to get here from China.

Anyone compare the raptor kit to DDM's slim kit, or to know of the more expensive kits sold by vendors here? I have a NIB DDM slim kit with a set of 9006 and h3 bulbs left over from my last car. I'd need to get new bulbs, but not new ballasts.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Nice. plus I ordered 5000k bulbs so if you ordered different ones that would be a possible reason. mine may have been in stock. but only a week from china is damn fast. how do you like it so far?

Thats the thing though, my kit is a 5k kit. As far as how I like it, well my car is still in the shop getting ready to be painted, so I will probably be able to say something about it in the other Apexcone thread.

So I ordered my kit on the 24th of March and they just shipped them TODAY.... :-/ I was hoping to get them installed before my trip this coming Thursday but looks like I won't be so lucky. The 35w ballasts were out of stock so if you plan on ordering a 35w kit plan on like a month before you get it..

So I ordered my kit on the 24th of March and they just shipped them TODAY.... :-/ I was hoping to get them installed before my trip this coming Thursday but looks like I won't be so lucky. The 35w ballasts were out of stock so if you plan on ordering a 35w kit plan on like a month before you get it..

I have a NIB 35w slim kit kit and a pair of H3 and 9006 5000k bulbs, both NIB if anyone wants.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 2 weeks later...
I just installed my 55w low beams and 35w fogs...4500k both... simply awesome. My order came no problem about 10 days and I ordered a harness but no need for it. However the lights only fire up if they are in the 'on' position prior to ignition. Additionally, when they turn off they pulse or stone for about a second. Other than those minor issues lights are amazing and DDM is top in my book

Installed a DDM 35w 4500k set in my outback today. Super easy install. No extras needed. So far they work just fine. In the daylight, I'm not impressed with the light output and wished I had gotten the 55w kit. I'll take it for a spin tonight and see if I change my mind.

Edog006 - Unplug your DRL module

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived