LegacyGT.com

Anyone have some insight on rear clunking?

TPLGT

For the last 4-5 months I have had a clunking noise coming from the rear passenger area. My car is on Rev As. and they rear were on on Swfits (swapped for JDM Spec B springs in June), coupled with a Cobb Sway bar. I am familiar with the issue with ELs and the corresponding clunking when the car is lowered. I had brought the car to the Tech several times but no solution was found. The rear ELs looked haggard so those were swapped with a new set (of stockers...) the clunking subsided for a few days but came back.

So to try to decipher the problem, I bot a set of Rallitek ELs and installed them last weekend...it helped the problem.... alot...but the clunking is slowly but surely coming back...uggghh! There must be something going on under there that helps for the a short period of time then breaks down. Anyone have any thoguhts? I looked at the bushings and they look fine...greasy/messy but fine. The Sways are realtively new (only been on since Nov. 08)...maybe I need to regrease? Any help is appreciated!

Rehab is for quitters.

It's probably the sway bay hitting the lower control arm. Mine does it and I'm on stock springs with cobb rsb and cartboy EL. If you look at your bar where it goes over your lowr cont. arm there is probably a mark there.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Bump. Anyone have any thoughts? So new ELs, Cobb rear sway and on Bilsteins...the f'n thing is clunking (passenger side only)...its driving me crazy! It got better once I swapped the ELs but has now gotten worse....again....anyone?
Rehab is for quitters.

I just turn the radio up lol.....but on a serious note...my exhaust sits less than half an inch from my sway bar..idk what could be done to fix it if that is what you have going on too.....only thing I can think of is to take some kind of foam and affix it around the sway where it would be hitting, kinda half ass but would prob work

Same issue here. I think it is end-link related for now, as I never had the issue with S-techs/JDM Bilsteins, and it started when I put back the OEM struts on for winter, which of course are softer and induce more travel.

Fast forward to this spring, I put the S-techs/JDM Bils combo back on, the issue remained. I ditched the S-techs in favor of JDM Spec B Rev. A springs, same thing. It's SO annoying...

I'm running a Perrin 22m sway bar, for the record. Perrin end links are about to go on, and I think the bushings might have something to do with this.

I thought about this, as my car sounds like a beat up taxi cab in the rear, but it would be a strange coincidence that this happened shortly after setting the rsb to the stiffest setting, and it happens with both set of struts (OEM and JDM).

Anyone know anything about the stock Cobb bushings? Will the ESBs hold u better? When I swapped the RLs, I noticed there was a bunch of cake up grease around the bushings. It got me thinking. Any link to where I can pick up the ESBs?
Rehab is for quitters.

Archived