LegacyGT.com

Anyone Have pics of A/M Seats?

panamajack

^^No sh**?

Which brackets did you use?

Did you get seats that were also power adjustable? How about the heating element?

What are the differences in ride height for the driver (do you sit lower in the vehicle?) and what about leg support? Does the seat cover further down the leg.... towards the knee for added comfort?

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

I used a bracket from a company called wedge engineering, in long beach, california, you can call them and they have them in stock for our cars.

The seat that i have is the cobra le-mans, you can check it out on www.cobraseats.com.

It is just a manual seat with no heaters or anything else, you can however adjust the height by changing the position of the mounting bolds, there are 3 settings.

Right now i have it at the heightest position.

And yes this seat provides better support for your legs, and also your back.

The stock seat was hurting my back since i bought the car 3 months ago, this one feels a lot better, but only time will tell.

I got the black cloth one, they also have leather i think, but i don't mind the cloth.

Originally i was going to get a recaro, but it is impossible to find a dealer around here that has some that i could try out, and they are also very expensive, right now the seat including hardware and tax was around $ 700.

I was going to go with Recaro Sport seats in leather and have the factory heating elements installed by an auto upholstry (sp?) shop here that I've been to before.

You think these brackets would work with Recaro?

I'd call Wedge... but it's late... and they're prolly not open on Sundays either!

Thanx for the heads up..... this is what I've been waiting for! W00T!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

these brackets will work with recaro's, that's why i bought them in the first place, but it turns out that cobra uses the same sliders.

And if you really want seat heaters, then recaro also has the style topline that has electric adjustments and heaters, i think its around $ 1300

Oh and wedge is only open from monday to friday, i actually took a day off and drove over there.

I also found a way to get rid of the airbag light, let me know if you want more info.

^^Absolutely!

You have no idea how excited I am now man! GRACIAS MI AMIGO!

I was going to go with these right here:

http://www.recaro-nao.com/produkte/picSport/Sport_CharBlk.JerGrey.jpg

I'll be getting rid of the power option (don't use it anyway) and having the heating elements installed into them cause it won't cost very much through that shop I mentioned above. I love me some heated seats in the winter and these seats are going to be UBER COMFY!

**My apologies for whor'n up your thread Jack. I've been looking for this solution myself for quite some time now!

^^Absolutely!

I was going to go with these right here:

http://www.recaro-nao.com/produkte/picSport/Sport_CharBlk.JerGrey.jpg

I'll be getting rid of the power option (don't use it anyway) and having the heating elements installed into them cause it won't cost very much through that shop I mentioned above. I love me some heated seats in the winter and these seats are going to be UBER COMFY!

Do you know that there's the Recaro STi Powered JDM seats?

Keefe

I have only used the power option in my LGT once since I set the seats. The micro adjustment on these will provide more than enough adjustment for me.

The heated option is too expensive on top of these, so I'll have the OEM elements (plug & play) slapped in there.

Besides..... the lack of the power motors will reduce weight & allow more room for the extra stuff: Amps & CS.

The non-limited seats didn't go down far enough or offer the tilting of the seat.

I'm not a small guy.

I also found a way to get rid of the airbag light, let me know if you want more info.

Looking forward to your pics. And would be interested in the airbag light fix.

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

the airbag light fix is pretty simple, well at least for the driver side, i don't know about the passenger side because it has an extra weight sensor.

There are 4 connectors under the driver seat.

1 for the seat heaters

1 for the power to the motors to move the seat

1 for the side airbag

1 for the seat position sensor

you can just leave the first 2 disconnected.

on the one going to the airbag, you just put a 3.3 Ohm/ 2 watt resistor in the connector, and you tape it.

but then the airbag light is still on because it is looking for the seat position sensor.

That sensor is mounted on the bottom of the driver seat, and it only activates if the seat is all the way to the front, so that the airbag will not inflate at the maximum pressure.

I just took the sensor of the seat, it is mounted with 2 rivets, and i just connected it and left in under my seat, It will not be a problem for me because i never sit all the way to the front.

Well that's it, the light will go off after you do this.

I imagine that i also could have measured the resistance of the sensor, and just fooled it with a resistor, but i haven't tried that yet.

Let me know if this makes sence.

^^You are THE MAN! Marco!

I can't wait to get ahold of Wedge!

How much did you pay for that bracket?

Yeah I remember seeing those leather STI seats. I think they were over 1000 bucks a piece. Do you have a link to those Keefe? They are really nice, and you more than likely wont have to do any custom bracket work to fit them. Alas I am a lowly no-limited guy, so I have no use for leather in me car. :) Lets see those pics!

I would have purchased the non limited if I wasn't the Grape Ape!

The custom brackets shouldn't run too much and the support of that Recaro has me drooling!

Extra leg (longer) leg support (closer to the knee) would make me grin for days!

Archived