LegacyGT.com

Anyone else here going to to be doing thier 30k service in the near future??

rallispec

That reminds me....

gotta order Synth fluids for Tranny & rear.

SOA offered me a free oil change since they failed to educate the dealer about overnight shipping on ECMs for the SWB on the cooling fan.

I counter offered that they could change out my transmission and/or rear end oil.

they countered with a $30.00 reimbursement if I bought oil filters from Subaru since I do my own changes.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

I'm down, let me know what day your shooting for, I can help with the rear LSD fluid. If its any help, I found a shop in Herndon, that changed my tranny fluid and bled my brakes for 46.00......., I know, crazy huh.

They did put brake fluid back in it right?;)

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

I'm down, let me know what day your shooting for, I can help with the rear LSD fluid. If its any help, I found a shop in Herndon, that changed my tranny fluid and bled my brakes for 46.00......., I know, crazy huh.

What shop? Do they appear reputable?

Thanks

labor only - or including fluid??? ( I think i paid $50 alone in oil and brake fluid)

anyhow... I might try to get some stuff done this saturday (If nothing else i've got to do a oil change.. it's past due).. If i dont get to the LSD or brakes this weekend --- then hopefully next weekend or the one following that.

any date you prefer? Oh - and while i'm thinking of --- are you registered for the autox at osbourn park next month?

What shop? Do they appear reputable?

Thanks

I'll see if I can locate the receipt, I dont remember the name of the place off the top of my head. They definately do not appear reputable, but since I speak spanish and followed them around my car as they worked on it, I know the work was done.

labor only - or including fluid??? ( I think i paid $50 alone in oil and brake fluid)

anyhow... I might try to get some stuff done this saturday (If nothing else i've got to do a oil change.. it's past due).. If i dont get to the LSD or brakes this weekend --- then hopefully next weekend or the one following that.

any date you prefer? Oh - and while i'm thinking of --- are you registered for the autox at osbourn park next month?

Labor only, I ordered some Redline for the tranny and Motul DOT4 for the brakes.

I'm free this Saturday, note to change the tranny I watched the guy use some kind of Hex head bit to release the oil. Not sure if you have that tool.

I've signed in advance for one year with SCCA and yeah i'm signed up for autox at osbourn park :)

My 30k is coming due in ~2700 miles or just a few weeks for me. Still don't know if I want to take it to the near dealer (Schaumburg) or have my excellent local techs do the work.

Still have to DD the fluids. I've learned from this site that OEM AF is probably the best way to go for that one.

^ If you aren't in a rush...ebay has them for like 10-15 bucks.

thats probably what it's going to have to come too --- i just went to: pepboys, autozone, advance auto parts, lowes, home depot, and 2 different local hardware stores....

NOBODY carries anything in a TORX larger than a T60.... so you can forget about finding a T70 locally.

ebay, here I come.

Im at 33k so I need to do mine

If you pick up some fluids for your car - we can knock that out next weekend --- that will give me enough time to order the torx bit that we'll need...

Vinson - You around next weekend? My shadow should be pretty damn near finished by then.... everything minus the new exhaust. You gotta check it out.

If you pick up some fluids for your car - we can knock that out next weekend --- that will give me enough time to order the torx bit that we'll need...

Vinson - You around next weekend? My shadow should be pretty damn near finished by then.... everything minus the new exhaust. You gotta check it out.

I'm pretty sure i'm free next weekend. I definately want to see all the work you've done on your bike. If its nice I'll ride my stocker :)

• 3 weeks later...

I got the wifes car done (mazda6 - engine and tranny oil, brake fluid, wash / wax), took maybe 3 - 4 hours at most - went well, probably a little easier to do than the subaru (no rear dif to mess with)... after I got that car finished I didnt really feel like doing it all over again - so i'll probably do the subaru next weekend.

gaithersburg is a bit of a haul from out here - so I have no idea if i'm going to make it that way or not... What time are you heading up there? If thier are a couple of guys from manassas head going - we could caravan up there.

Archived