LegacyGT.com

Anyone considering trading up to the 09 Spec.B?

ShadowImg

I've been kind of half heartedly considering trading in my 08 on an 09 Spec.B. Wondering how many of them in White/Red/Black will ever see the light of day. I've been poking around at dealer inventories, and haven't seen a single one. I know there's a few Reds, couple White, and one Black on here.

Would be kind of nice to own one of the super-rare breeds, but I can't imagine it's worth the devaluation hit from an 08, and sadly with the 2010 redesign, I'm guessing there will never be an opportunity to find one of them laying on a lot.

Anyone else given any thought to it?

Yeah even though I have an 08 spec b, I've considered going for the 09 spec b before they're all gone from the lots. I doubt I will actually do it, but it would be nice to start over again with 0 miles and harmon kardon upgrade. I don't like the 2010, so I think the 2009 would be the last lgt for me. If I come across one for a killer deal I could be persuaded.. The only other one I've ever even seen in person was at my local dealer and is black. I believe it is still there after several months now.

Can confirm now that the 2009 Legacys are done, Subaru internally still has a couple of Spec Bs not allocated to a dealer yet, but they're all silver :argh:

Anyone have any ties to SOA at all who can find out what the final production numbers were for Spec Bs in white/red/black?

Minooka Motors down here in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA area has had an '08 SpecB Dark-Charcoal on the lot for over a year. It was there last June when I had my car inspected and it was still there 2 weeks ago when I stopped by to pick up some touch-up paint. They list it for 35.5K. At that price it will be there another year.

I have found an 08 Spec B listed for 29,900 online but that seems a bit steep. What would you guys expect to pay for a new 08 Spec b that has been on the lot for that long? I see that they turned down an offer for 19,999.

29,9 is way too much for an 08 at this point. I'd throw them a lowball like 26 and see if they bite. The 2010s are looming, maybe throw them 26 and if they don't take it, walk away and leave them with "Let me know if you guys change your mind in a couple months."

Minooka Motors down here in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA area has had an '08 SpecB Dark-Charcoal on the lot for over a year. It was there last June when I had my car inspected and it was still there 2 weeks ago when I stopped by to pick up some touch-up paint. They list it for 35.5K. At that price it will be there another year.

I was actually thinking about selling my '05 and buying that '08 Spec B, but I'm not sure yet. I'd have to go through the whole modding thing again. I looked at tit a few times. I may take it for a drive to see if I like it. I'm used to the '05s power at this point. The '08 would probably be a let down.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

I was actually thinking about selling my '05 and buying that '08 Spec B, but I'm not sure yet. I'd have to go through the whole modding thing again. I looked at tit a few times. I may take it for a drive to see if I like it. I'm used to the '05s power at this point. The '08 would probably be a let down.

Look at it close because last time I looked there were what I consider alot of brush scraches in the paint. If I'm going to buy a new car I want it flawless.

Can confirm now that the 2009 Legacys are done, Subaru internally still has a couple of Spec Bs not allocated to a dealer yet, but they're all silver :argh:

Anyone have any ties to SOA at all who can find out what the final production numbers were for Spec Bs in white/red/black?

The 2009s are done? Does that mean that production has stopped completely?

29,9 is way too much for an 08 at this point. I'd throw them a lowball like 26 and see if they bite. The 2010s are looming, maybe throw them 26 and if they don't take it, walk away and leave them with "Let me know if you guys change your mind in a couple months."

I agree with you and I am thinking even lower than 26k.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm considering buying an 08 or 09 Spec B by the end of May. I'm going to wait 3 weeks before I begin a dealer tug-of-war. Any suggestions on what would be a good OTD price for an 09?

I've been reading that some people are getting great deals on 08's. Might consider that unless I find a dealer that works with me on their 09's. (leaning towards black)

Archived