LegacyGT.com

Anyone with Cargo Net for back seat..

X-post from subaruoutback.org :)

Anyone with Cargo Net for back seat.. or better yet, one for back seat and one for back of cargo area:

I have a net for back of cargo area and I just got 2 side nets. Each one comes with 2 plug thingies that attach to side panels. Thing is, I aready have 1 of those attached on each side, because it looks like rear net shares those plugs with side nets (is that right??).

So, this leaves me with 2 extra plugs. My questions is, does the back seat net use 2 more plugs at the top right by the seats?? And would I be able to sway rear area cargo net in place of rear seat net, or are they too different??

Can someone snap a pic for me (or point me to one online) of where the plugs/hooks for back seat net are?

Thanks!!!

GRRR... guess I didn't do too good of a job explaining this, sorry :redface:

Let me try to clarify: Does anyone have a back seat cargo net? If so, can you please take a pic (or point me to one) of the upper hooks that hold the net in place?

Also, is back seat net about the same in size as the net that's right by the lift gate?

Is that better? :)

Someone might have a wagon manual that they could use to help you out. I have only the rear cargo net, but if I recall correctly, I don't notice a place where the extra plugs could be installed.

You should be able to swap the rear seat and rear cargo bay nets. They may even have the same part number. Further, the posts to which the top of the rear cargo net attach are directly above the chromed hooks that are for the lower portion of the net. It makes sense when you look at it, though I agree, it is difficult to explain.

Good luck,

Kevin

I just had the side net installed. As it involved drilling in the interior, and I have Suby bucks to burn, I had the delaer do it. The new plug is installed about 3 inches ahead (toward the front of the car) of the swing down cargo cover hooks. The side nets are pretty small and are only about half as long as the trunk compartment. Still good for holding little odds and ends (e.g., surf wax, diapers, wipes,quick detailer).

Hope this answered your question?

Thanks guys. I know side nets involve drilling (I'll be doing that myself, this weekend.. easy enough and I know where I need to drill, since side nets I got came with instructions!).

What I was trying to figure out was where to drill and install plugs/hooks for rear seat net (and I would only do this if I knew lift gate net will fit in place of rear seat net).

It sounds like I should be able to do this, right? :)

Currently I'm using the rear seat net in the middle of the cargo area. This way it uses the pre-installed loops in the middle of the floor of the cargo area and uses the same upper plugs as the two side nets use. The rear cargo net and the rear seat net are different part numbers (possibly just becasue the directions are different) but the nets themselves looked very similar. I can check to see if they are identical this evening if you'd like.

I have all 4, the seat attaches to the ones to the front of the car, where the front of the side nets attach, and the back, attaches to the back most pegs and hooks, where the back of the side nets attach.

That'd be awesome, thank you!

They're not the same. The top part is the same width but the bottom part is wider on the rearmost one. This makes sense as the one that is further forward has to fit between the wheels wells. However the rear most one will fit if you move it farther forward. It just won't be pulled as tight.

In the Forester pictures it looks like the back seat net is actually against the back seat. Like I said in my car it actually runs across the middle of the cargo bay instead of directly behind the seat. The way that I have it corresponds with what is shown in the directions. I assume that the Outback is the same as my Legacy wagon but I could be wrong.

Cargo net is a great idea for things you cant get behind yr seat which for tall guys like myself isnt much. I hate things sliding around in the car from coins to bags to balls, so the cargo net even for the sedan I think is a real WIN WIN.

Adam.

Be careful if you are installing the side cargo nets yourself. There was a wiring harness behind the pannel, where the right rear knob goes (passenger side). You can drill right through it, even with there 1/4" through the wall recommendation. Don't use a paddle bit, or be very careful.

Be careful if you are installing the side cargo nets yourself. There was a wiring harness behind the pannel, where the right rear knob goes (passenger side). You can drill right through it, even with there 1/4" through the wall recommendation. Don't use a paddle bit, or be very careful.

Already installed it and I *think* everything still works (but I'll double check). I didn't have to install rear knobs (those were in place when I got the car). I only had to install middle ones and I definitely ended up drilling deeper than 1/4, but looking inside, it didn't look like I hit anything.

Thanks!

Archived