LegacyGT.com

Anyone bought a certified LGT?

I paid $895 bumper to bumper and its through Subaru, the paper work came a few days later with all the info. It includes towing and everything except brakes and tires.

Oh interesting. I am guessing a certified vehicle is typically higher cost which prob paid for most of the extended warranty and thats why they charged you only 895$ ...

I paid $895 bumper to bumper and its through Subaru, the paper work came a few days later with all the info. It includes towing and everything except brakes and tires.

Do you have to do fixes with that dealer? Or can fix you car any subaru dealer?

What did the paperwork say about mods voiding your warranty? :p

Did it say anything or is it just implied? I want a warranty with my car but I also want to do some decent modding. I'm assuming that I'll have to put everything back to stock for trips to the dealer.

I have my doubts that the warranty is from Subaru (especially at that price). Most likely a third party warranty that the dealer has implied that it is from Subaru.

You know most people find this out later and get screwed because that warranty might not cover some parts...

No it is from Subaru of America, when I received the envelope with Subaru on it I thought it was going to be for car inspection but it was the extended warranty info.

Certified means that it goes through a mechanical inspection therefore it will be covered under the warranty. I cannot remember how long it was for, I do know it was a under a year or a certain amount of miles.

As for mods it is up to the dealer to prove the mod caused the problem.

And lastly I can take it to any Subaru dealership in the US. I even have a card with a number for the towing and to give to the dealership for free warranty repairs.

I have my doubts that the warranty is from Subaru (especially at that price). Most likely a third party warranty that the dealer has implied that it is from Subaru.

:lol: I used to work at a dealership they make up the prices and see if you will pay for it. Most warranties cost less than 1k but dealerships will make up there losses from the mark down they gave you for the car. Also etching Ive seen people pay 200-400 for it, it should cost $120. They make money on all those add ons so they are also negotioable.

Archived