LegacyGT.com

Anybody running NOS??? on 2.5 GT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i do not think anyone runs nos in the 2.5. They can barely take 10psi of boost, i personally dont think its a good idea unless you want to take it apart again for some reason. But then again, i am not very well educated on nos in subaru engines. But i do not think it will be a good idea because they already blow head gaskets without turbo/nos.

If you're gonna' do all of that, get those pistons out of there & drop in forged/LC pistons to handle the extra abuse. It's good to rebuild the heads & all but you're talking about Nitrous Oxide. Might as well rebuild the whole thing.

Those pistons aren't made for that kind of abuse for very long unless you have a REALLY low mileage motor & even then, it isn't a wise idea because of other things like water pump, oil pump, etc that can wear out early & cause you to eventually spin a rod.

• I Donated
If you put nitrous on a EJ25D, you will watch a rod fly through the side of the block followed by a beautiful shower of motor oil

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

NOS blows. Its like steroids, except you blow your motor instead of shrinking your balls

Well since im done fixed..dont matter if my balls fall off....LOL .This car is a toy so if it scatters o-well not my daily driver,my work truck is.This thing will get a 2004 WRX STI and 6 speed swap when money allows so if it blows then thats why I have AAA...LMAO:lol::lol::lol:

Glub Glub Glub Glub...

VWAGAGAGAGAGAGAGA

*Hits Nitrous*

Boom....

*Conrod flies through the air and enters Earths orbit*

*Vin Diesel comes out of nowhere and says*

"Now, me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried!!!!!!!":spin:

*Vin Diesel also flies through the air and enters Earths orbit*

:lol:

BTW... Get ARP rod bolts too. ;)

*Vin Diesel comes out of nowhere and says*

"Now, me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried!!!!!!!"

Yeah, then just before it gets shot up, it's seen driving around with no smoke or anything like it didn't just pull the pin on itself a few scenes before. I tell you, every second of that movie brought LOLs & smiles.

All bad. The few vehicles running spray are either about to launch the rotating asembly, or are some frekishly fortunate engines. Caveat= If you were able to purchase some of Chuck Norris's plasma, and mix it with the NOS...Then you could run a 250 shot of nitrous into the crankcase side of the pistons and it would liquefy the wheel studs :) Mad H.P.

• I Donated
What if I want to street race/

You people dont have a clue.

apparently we are just a little more grown up and responsible.

nitrous oxide should be left for the track. There is never a need to use it on the street.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Street racing:

One of the bigger mistakes I've ever made.

Too many lives hang in the balance the moment you put your key into the ignition.

If you were kidding, sorry if I went a bit overboard. But if you're gonna' do something dumb, do it to yourself & go spelunking.

If you're gonna' race, do it at a track.

If you can't race at a track, tough s**t.

At least that's how I feel.

As for 'naawwwssss', it has no place in our cars.

What is the phrase again...? Oh yeah.

Bottles are for babies, men get blown hard or something along those lines.

apparently we are just a little more grown up and responsible.

nitrous oxide should be left for the track. There is never a need to use it on the street.

You are more grownup :lol::lol:

How else am I going to spool my huge turbo? You know how bad an anti-lag system if for your car? A quick 75 wet shot gets the turbo spinning.

Grow up this :p

Street racing:

One of the bigger mistakes I've ever made.

Too many lives hang in the balance the moment you put your key into the ignition.

If you were kidding, sorry if I went a bit overboard. But if you're gonna' do something dumb, do it to yourself & go spelunking.

If you're gonna' race, do it at a track.

If you can't race at a track, tough s**t.

At least that's how I feel.

As for 'naawwwssss', it has no place in our cars.

What is the phrase again...? Oh yeah.

Bottles are for babies, men get blown hard or something along those lines.

Real cars have displacement is what you are after :lol:

A Legacy will never be fast. end of story.

Real cars have displacement is what you are after :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCoMnoi-JOs&feature=related]YouTube - subaru swap 305[/ame] (Part 1)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFCQoI4RZc]YouTube - subaru legacy v8 305 burnout[/ame] (Part 2)

Does a 305 count as decent displacement?

A Legacy will never be fast. end of story.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79o0-gqqUVI&feature=related]YouTube - LS1 Subaru teaser[/ame]

- There is now hope.

(Part 1)

(Part 2)

Does a 305 count as decent displacement?

Yes

- There is now hope.

Hes going slow in circles :lol::lol:

My comment was for the other 99.9% of modded cars on this site. I have a big turbo and im fast. - No your aren't stop being stupid.

Archived