LegacyGT.com

another license plate light question :(

okay so i ran a few searches on modding your license plate light..

but it seems as if nobody had a problem pulling the bulb from it's casing?? haha *sigh.. i'm such a newbie when it comes to these things. i got the trim undone, i twisted the casing from the housing.. but now i can't get the damn bulb out of the housing! :icon_mad:

any advice or tricks? i feel like if i squeeze the bulb too hard, it'll just pop in my hand. but i can't seem to pull it out! :confused:

Are you talking about getting the bulb out of the socket through which it is powered? If it's a round base, you need to push in (toward the socket) slightly, twist and it should come out easily. If it's a flat base, though, it should just pull free. I haven't looked at the license plate light on our cars. In what way are you trying to mod it?

i'm talking about the actual bulb itself. i can twist off the casing from the actual housing, but i cant get the damn bulb out! haha.. i believe it's just a matter of pulling the bulb but it's so small and it's really secured in the casing..

Bulb (921) is all glass. Pulls straight out of the socket. I assume the socket is rubber, so it is probably slightly fuzed to the bulb from the heat of the bulb. Put on a thick rubber glove to protect yourself from the bulb breaking. It will also give you a little more confidence to pull harder.
It is still ugly.

Pillbot is right...

I started this thead a while back...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36946

You just pull the bulb straight out.

Try this....

Take some tape, and wrap it around the bulb a few times. Then try pulling it off. You'll have better grip against the tape, than you did against the glass bulb!

I'd done that before.

"Insert Signature Here"

Archived