LegacyGT.com

Another iON Performance Spring Group Buy

HansGT

Ok, who's interested? I'm posting this to gauge interest in another group buy for iON Performance springs. If we get enough interest iON may be interested in this offer again. Everyone I have spoken with that got in on the last deal loves these springs. Great ride quality...not as harsh as Pinks, but dig into the corners when needed. Nice drop. Remember these are a nice alternative to Pinks and Swifts. More similar to the Swifts but priced cheaper than both Pinks and Swifts.

Specs:

The fronts are progressive, while the rears are linear rates.

Spring rates are as follows: *for 5MT LGT Sedan, rates for wagon and 2.5i as well as 5MT vs auto are different.*

Front: @1" compression: 40N/mm, @2" compression: 52N/mm

Rear: (linear) 67N/mm

(Imperial Units)

Front: @1" compression: 228lb/in, @2" compression: 297lb/in

Rear: (linear)

382lb/in

To give you an idea these were the last group buy prices. (NOTE: PRICES WILL BE DIFFERENT FOR THIS TIME AROUND DUE TO THE US DOLLAR DROPPING VS. THE CANADIAN DOLLAR)

GB of 10 people: $319US + shipping [$395CAD + shipping]

GB of 15 people: $319US + 10% off shipping [$395CAD + 10% off shipping]

GB of 20 people: $319US + 25% off shipping [$395CAD + 25% off shipping]

GB of 25 people: $319US + 50% off shipping [$395CAD + 50% off shipping]

GB of 30 people: $319US + 75% off shipping [$395CAD + 75% off shipping]

GB of 35 people: $319US SHIPPED [$430CAD SHIPPED]

GB of 40 people: $309US SHIPPED [$385CAD SHIPPED]

GB of 45 people: $305US SHIPPED [$379CAD SHIPPED]

GB of 50 people: $300US SHIPPED [$372CAD SHIPPED]

LETS GO GUYS...POST UP :D

UPDATE: PRICING

Some people may be confused as to the pricing break down. The pricing above is a reference from the group buy earlier in the year. It is noted that prices will be different. Here again is the pricing for this group buy. (price increase is due to Candian dollar gaining on US dollar)

I believe everyone is clear on this, but just in case:

10-14 people: $330 plus shipping

15+ people: $330 plus shipping (with 10% off shipping)

(GB ends 7/31/05)

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good....that's 3 including me. lets get some more guys posted up that are interested.

If you want to read reviews....check out rallispec and triple digits threads...or do a search. These are great springs!

Doing stage 2 friday. Debating doing these or going right to KSport coilovers(or GPMoto). Thought process would be save money now and get more use out of stock shocks (only 2000 miles on them).

Purchase coilovers in a year or so when choice is more clear. If we do group buy how long would it take to execute? I don't want to wait 3 months.

Handling is very much improved right??

Matt

handling is much improved over stock. not as drastic as a coilover with adjustability. But these springs will give you a close to stock ride for your daily commute, but will dig in when needed. I believe Triple digits hung with an RX-8 with just these springs. This may be a good alternative for you if you want to save money and get some use out of the stock struts before spending 1500-2000 on a coilover.

Not sure of the time frame, but I would expect within a few months.

Ok, here is the pricing:

$330 + shipping.

(Price on last group buy was $319 but is now $11 more due to the fluctutation in currency exchange. These are coming from Canada and the Canadian dollar has recently gained on the US dollar.)

Also please note that the price listed is for payment via Intl MO. CC via Paypal is subject to the 5% equalization charge.

These things work on the 2.5I 5MT LTD Wagon? Been looking to lower this thing a bit and get better control. I might be able to swing it if I can get it installed at a good deal as well.

Yes.

MORE PRICE INFO:

(50% deposit to hold your spot. The remaining 50% along with shipping will be required before the springs are shipped to the respective participants.)

GB 10 people: $330 + shipping.

GB 20 people: price break (not sure how much yet)

GB 30 people: another price break (again not sure how much)

Regular Member Discounted Price is $379US + shipping.

*Note: MSRP: $489US+shipping*

Han's would like an ETA figure? It should be quicker than last group buy since they should be better at making them :)

e.g. we would like to enjoy them in the summer. arriving in november would be no fun.

EDIT: (sorry)

Due to the currency exchange the current Regular Member price would be $389 + shipping (not $379 as I mentioned earlier).

Group buy still $330 + shipping for 10 members. 20, 30...if we get that many will be cheaper.

Once 10 member submit 50% deposit production will begin. 3-4 weeks for production....i.e. early September springs shipped.

Archived