LegacyGT.com

Another headlight mod

OCDetails

The light output of the tinted headlight covers that I had were just not working out for me. So I pulled them off when I got home tonight and tried something new. What do you think? Again, sucky lighting is keeping me from posting more pictures, but I think this is much better looking than nothing at all.

Before:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/160-6063_IMG.jpg

After:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/160-6062_IMG.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

It's different. Exactly how, I am not sure. Cut the film to cover the amber only?

A buddy at a stereo shop used to have this stuff.....forget what it was called. Best I can describe it is that it was like india ink. We took off the amber markers and buffed them with 500 grit, then tacked them clean and sprayed them using a compressor rig. Once dry and reinstalled, they appeared smoked or black, yet were translucent in order to let the signals work as intended. Looks like these new tint films have a similar effect, but are easily reversible for annual state inspections.

Yeah, that is what I did. I just trimmed them out a bit to fit over the amber corners. If you look at your headlights then you can see that the line is easy to find. I think it looks better. The part I liked best about the smoked lenses is that it hid that amber. I'm not going to be clearning them anytime soon, so this was a good way of muting that bright amber. The light still shines through them almost as bright as stock. Since the light doesn't really need to be projected anywhere, it isn't really hindering that much.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Trust me... I'm obsessive enough about the look of my car that if it didn't blend right in with the shadows that are already in the headlight then I wouldn't have done it. It looks really good. Take a look at your headlights and you can see the line I cut them along. Its a very subtle effect without much of a line at all. Certianly not one that stands out.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived