LegacyGT.com

For all you WRX or Sti seat swappers...

I don't love the hard leather seats in our 99 OB. They're not horrible, but my butt rates them as 2 hour seats.

I've been told that WRX and Sti seats are more comfy, but I've not had the chance to sample them, and the pictures I've seen of locally available 2003-ish WRX seats look like my seats in cloth with bigger bolsters.

Are WRX and/or Sti seats actually more comfy?

Are some WRX/Sti seats worth retrofitting while others are merely different looking?

These are the seats that are supposed bolt right in according to the superceded Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide.

97-01 2.5RS

02-03 WRX

04-07 WRX

08-09 WRX

04-09 STi

Added per Kennyfvholla's post below.

02-07 Impreza 2.5i and 2.5RS seats

The gc 2.5 rs seats are the same as our seats but a bigger bolster.

The 02 03 wrx seats are my favorite as they are very aggressive yet super comfortable, as well as the rest of the wrx/sti seats.

The newer wrx and 04 sti seats are awesome. Just very hard to find (for me at least) and are expensive.

What id really like is a set of gc impreza wrx RA sti seats. They are bright blue and have Subaru's WRC logo emmbroidered into the head rest..

I'm looking at some cipher racing seats, they have some nice ones on andys auto sport they are universal seats so I haven't found many reviews on them..less than 300 bucks for two seats, I tend to stay away from stuff that is marked universal though. I would like to get some recaros out of an evo 9 but good god they are pricey.

I put Outback seats in my Brighton and I really liked them. Be careful about certain year WRX seats though. There was a big recall on them splitting in half during an accident. I lost a good friend due to that.

ALSO be weary of aftermarket seats. Generally non name brand seats are not DOT regulated and are very very dangerous. This is something you should really not skimp out on, its like brakes or tires. This is yours and your passengers safety you have to consider. A good aftermarket DOT approved seat should run you around $600 and up new. And never buy them from ebay, just a registered distributor of the seat you want. Because theres a bunch of fake brides, sparcos, recaro's out there and they are just as dangerous.

I just bought a used Corbeau for my car, (from a good friend) I recommend it. They are comfortable and adjustable (not fixed back) and hold you in tight. Brand new you're looking at $600 with the bracket or so.

Just be careful on this you guys.

What many people don't know is that the 02-07 Impreza 2.5i and 2.5RS seats are the exact same as WRX seats. They just look a bit different... And get this. You can find them all over the place for a lot less than WRX seats...

Gc is the generation chassis code. Like how our 2nd gen leggys are BK, BG, BD, that refers to the model years 93-01 imprezas. When I say GC im referring to that impreza. It will come about more than you think.

How do you seat swappers feel about the height? I've read in just about every thread that swapped in wrx seats are about 1.5"+ higher than our stock seats at their lowest settings. Personally, I love the height of the stock seats when they're all the way down and it seemed to bug a lot of people to be boosted up. Will any of these seats go as low as the originals? I looked at wrx seat lowering brackets and they're like $350, which isn't worth it for me.

I was pretty shitfaced, black label gets me everytime... thanks porkchop I havent driven under the influence since I flipped my lancer in 2009. I was two minutes away from having a dwi that time. That was an eye opener.

How do you seat swappers feel about the height? I've read in just about every thread that swapped in wrx seats are about 1.5"+ higher than our stock seats at their lowest settings. Personally, I love the height of the stock seats when they're all the way down and it seemed to bug a lot of people to be boosted up. Will any of these seats go as low as the originals? I looked at wrx seat lowering brackets and they're like $350, which isn't worth it for me.

Which seat lowering brackets did you look at? And are you positive that they were meant to be used with the OEM WRX seats?

I had assumed that the Buddy Club Super Low down seat rails (02-07 WRX) were meant as a replacement for the oem seat rails, and would lend to a lower seat height..... I was wrong. They could only be used for side mount racing seats, which I of course don't have.

I installed 2002 WRX front seats into my 1999 Legacy Brighton with no fitment issues. That being said, I don't believe you can get the seat to sit as low as the stock Legacy seats. The added height of the WRX seat isnt a big deal for me, being a somewhat tall individual at 6'1". I will note that my left knee comes into contact with the steering wheel from time to time with the seat at its lowest setting. Hence, the interest in lower seat rails.

i've been rocking heated fozzy seats whose height reminds me of the wrx ones,

you def sit higher, i'm 6'1 also, you get used to it and dont even notice, dunno if its been said but you need to keep the stock belt releases and bolt them onto the new seats

Archived