LegacyGT.com

All in one key from Fred Bean

Wait... they can pre-cut this and have it show up on my doorstep?! If so, that's fantastic! My "arm/lock" button on the fob broke a couple months ago and I was going to get a new key at ACE hardware... I like this better.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

They come precut, but you have to go to your dealer to get them to set up the immobilizer or it won't work at all. You hove to hvae the car and all keys that youo want to work at the dealer at the same time.

Some dealers will do this for free, some will charge $500, some will say it can't be done, some will not know that they can do it - it is a crap shoot. A friend of mine just had a dealer charge him $150 to do this.

Booo. Jeremy at FBP just told me the same thing. Think I'll go with the ACE hardware version.. think it is an all-in-one also but doesn't require the car to be present. I might be wrong on this.. but I'll find out.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Booo. Jeremy at FBP just told me the same thing. Think I'll go with the ACE hardware version.. think it is an all-in-one also but doesn't require the car to be present. I might be wrong on this.. but I'll find out.

If your car has an immobilizer, your key will need the corresponding chip in it. Otherwise, the car will not start. There are ways to disable the immobilizer, but they are probably not worth it.

Quick update, I called Uncle Freddy Beans and they said yes no prob. I send the VIN and they will cut it. Then I called my local Subaru dealer. They said bring the car, the new oem all in one and the 2 other keys and remotes I have. Then they will program everything for $100. So $165 and I have the key I want. The one thing the dealer said was that if it was NOT oem from Subaru then it's a no go. Freddy said it was.

I won't do it right now but probably by the end of march.

When I bought my 2005 LGT 2 years ago, I was told these wouldn't work. I hate how buttons on the OEM key fob aren't recessed so they are easy to accidently press while in your pocket.

Was surprised at how much the cost of getting a key cut & programmed varies from dealer to dealer.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Quick update, I called Uncle Freddy Beans and they said yes no prob. I send the VIN and they will cut it. Then I called my local Subaru dealer. They said bring the car, the new oem all in one and the 2 other keys and remotes I have. Then they will program everything for $100. So $165 and I have the key I want. The one thing the dealer said was that if it was NOT oem from Subaru then it's a no go. Freddy said it was.

I won't do it right now but probably by the end of march.

Call around to other dealers in your area. The dealer closest to me wanted $50, and so did 3 others, but the 5th one I called only wanted $20, and they were only about 10miles farther than the closest one.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 1 year later...
I have a 2007 2.5i Limited wagon and I just got my key a few weeks ago, pre-cut from Fred Beans. Got it programmed the next day and have been loving it since!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but where do you enter in your vin to have it pre-cut by Fred Beans? I see on their website in the description it says they will cut it for no extra charge, just enter your vin above, but I don't see anywhere to enter my vin :confused:

Call them.with questions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 1 year later...

Just ordered 2 "All in One" key blanks. The manufacturers code matches the one on Fred Beans so I hope they are the ones with the immobilizer chips as they are not listed in the description :/ The local Autonation Subaru charges $45 flat and no charge for cutting:)

F.B. SKU #: 57497AG48A

eBay SKU #: 57497AG48A

Ones I ordered: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400397716903?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Correct One: http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/subaru-legacy-all-in-one-key.html

I think I did ok... But I know I'm about to get flamed if I didn't:/

Archived