LegacyGT.com

Air intakes for '05 Legacy GT ???

Guest turboman

Guest turboman

Has anybody run across an air intake system for a Legacy GT 2.5 turbo? I searched everywhere and no one has any available yet. There should be somethoing because I thought the car has been available in Australia for a couple years (I think).

I'm hoping for something that draws cooler air, not just a panel filter for the stock housing. Although even that would be better than nothing. :(

I've done extensive logging and shown that the stock box with the silencer removed (leaving the lower hole open) gives you ambient temp air in almost all circumstances. It isn't a restriction to flow unless you're running a huge turbo, so why buy the bling?

Guest turboman

"John M"..... How do I modify the stock airbox? Only got the car a couple of days ago so I've barely opened the hood.

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

AEM and Injen, at least on the WRXs have been notorious for leaning out the A/F mixture. I guess that's how they get power ;)

Stock airbox is a very good, quiet design. Just replace some of the accordian parts that go to the turbo inlet and that in itself would be better than a intake, IMO.

The accordian parts are there to allow engine block movement without mechanical failure. How will a replacement part stand up after a year? more?

They are also there to silence the intake by disturbing the air. Silicone is flexible too, and will last year after year. But, in any case, YMMV.

Archived