LegacyGT.com

Agile vs IAG for tuning...

Blaaaaake

Hey guys, looking to get tuned now and not sure where to go or why. Looking for people's opinion on both shops especially if there is someone that has been tuned by both.

Thanks for any constructive thoughts!

Have a 2006 LGT with 05STi block less than 9k miles

VF52

Invidia up-pipe

Invidia down pipe

Magnaflow Catback

PTP lava blanket

Perrin shield

IPR Intercooler

KillerB oil setup

DW65 fuel pump

Adding:

Cobb EBCS

AEM intake

Have DW740's but told not worth using it on VF52

Currently openSource tuned and going to use AP

I got tuned by IAG. They were very friendly and knowledgeable and have a great shop. When I was there they told me themselves they're not for everyone though. Jorge tunes for safety and reliability first. Why not call down and talk to both shops. I got a good feeling about IAG just from talking to Rick a few times. The other gotcha with IAG is that they only tune 1 weekend a month. This may be a factor depending on your calendar.

In regards to Agile I have no personal experience but I've heard good things about them too.

@xero281 - I went with 1000cc injectors so I could switch to e85 next spring. :)

tuned @ agile several times. hill seems to me to tune the same way as mentioned above -- with a stronger inclination toward safety/reliability, unless specifically petitioned otherwise.

i agree /w xero, i had a similar setup with a vf34; idc will get up there a bit, but vf52 (more/less same size as 34) on 93 really doesn't nessecitate the 740s (or the intake for that matter) -- i'd want a better than stock ic for the extra peak psi/volume you will be netting.

i think you'll be fine though, whichever way you go for tuning - best luck.

Both are 500. I am had my motor built and tuned from Iag and any other things I cannot do or don't have the time they are the only shop that touches my car.

As far as tuning both tune very similar as far as safety. Both hill and Jorge know their stuff. I don't have first hand experience from hill but have been there for a friends tunes.

I personally like Jorge and how he tunes but is only there one weekend a month. Jorge will listen to what you want and how you drive your car and tune safely. I hope to get a retune in the next session if I can get my tgv deletes installed.

Archived