LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket UP/DP + Cobb Stage 2 93 Boost Levels?

I've done some research through the forum and haven't read anyone experiencing boost numbers like mine...

Yesterday I had an invidia catless uppipe, CNT catted downpipe, and K&N Filter installed,

after installation I updated my car to a Cobb Stage 2 93 Map

So far in 2nd & 3rd Gear ive only seen boost levels of 16.2 which seems low compared to everyone else

The Cobb Website says i should see at least 16.5

Everyone seems to be seeing well over 17psi with similar bolt ons

Does my car just need time to adjust? ive only driven about 100 miles since installation of parts + New Map

Also i didn't wrap either the up or dp, i plan on at least wrapping the up pipe, but is it necessary? Should i wrap both? Also will a turbo blanket be beneficial?

i know there are mixed feelings about wrapping these parts, but if anyone has experience please let me know

Also as far as modifications i think the next step would be getting an Aftermarket Top Mount like AVO or Perrin before getting a Custom Tune...

Also what is in An ideal Intake Temp? dont know much about the pros and cons of different temps, and came up short when i researched anything about them.

Any Advice is Greatly Appreciated :)

Thanks Again,

-Alex

A custom tune would be ideal even for a stock car. IMO bp the tmic and get a custom tune. It will have better drivability and be safer

Any recommendations on tunes to get, whether i should get one online and sent to me or bring my car somewhere to get tuned, im located in Central NJ if you know of any places, money is not really an issue at this point and im not looking for overall best performance just a safe tune that still creates more power then cobb

AZP is exit 138 GSP Kennilworth, great shop great work. They don't do tuning, just everything else.

For tuning I have loved EFI Logics in Bethel CT, about an hour ride from Palisades Center Mall. (currently they have STi Mikey doing their tuning, AA++)

There is also numerous E-tuners and other shops such as Akuma, and Kaizen, Bren, Infamous... do your research. See if you want to do dyno tuning or street tuning and decide from there.

[/quote=iNVAR;4650220]what do you see in 4th

haven't tried yet, I feel a little more power just not as much as I expected,when I had stage 1 93 I hit 15.3 I just thought id see a better increase

maybe my car needs time to adjust

You can safely run a vf52 with stock everything you just won't get its full potential as far as power mods I have

Up/down pipe

Catback

740 injectors

Fuel pump

Intake

Inlet

Perrin pulley

Clutch master fx350

Perrin tmic

Prodrive ebcs

If I were to start over I would only get a clutch up/down pipes, injectors, fuel pump and a tune. The other stuff was kind of overkill that wasn't needed.

haven't tried yet, I feel a little more power just not as much as I expected,when I had stage 1 93 I hit 15.3 I just thought id see a better increase

maybe my car needs time to adjust

There is no adjustment time involved. It's either working right or it's not, other than the initial mile or so where the timing multiplier (DAM/IAM) have to increase to 1 or your idle has to relearn.

Going Stage 2 from Stage 1 is a good amount of improvement both in spool time and acceleration and if your butt dyno doesn't feel that, your butt dyno is either wrong, or something else is.

Stage 1 from stock is more of a driveability increase and slight improvement in spool and acceleration.

If you really want to verify that things are running correctly, pull a log. Do a search on how to do it. I'm getting a bit tired of repeating the procedure and what items to datalog so you'll have to pardon me.

Keep in mind it's plus/minus 1/2psi your car isn't going to be exactly the same as everyone else.

At 4500 feet I was only getting 13.5. Found a boost leak and got it to around 14.5. Now with a custom tune it's 15.5-16 but that depends on a lot of factors.

Keep in mind it's plus/minus 1/2psi your car isn't going to be exactly the same as everyone else.

At 4500 feet I was only getting 13.5. Found a boost leak and got it to around 14.5. Now with a custom tune it's 15.5-16 but that depends on a lot of factors.

and this was while running a COBB Stage 2 93 MAP??

I've done some research through the forum and haven't read anyone experiencing boost numbers like mine...

Yesterday I had an invidia catless uppipe, CNT catted downpipe, and K&N Filter installed,

after installation I updated my car to a Cobb Stage 2 93 Map

So far in 2nd & 3rd Gear ive only seen boost levels of 16.2 which seems low compared to everyone else

The Cobb Website says i should see at least 16.5

Everyone seems to be seeing well over 17psi with similar bolt ons

Does my car just need time to adjust? ive only driven about 100 miles since installation of parts + New Map

Also i didn't wrap either the up or dp, i plan on at least wrapping the up pipe, but is it necessary? Should i wrap both? Also will a turbo blanket be beneficial?

i know there are mixed feelings about wrapping these parts, but if anyone has experience please let me know

Also as far as modifications i think the next step would be getting an Aftermarket Top Mount like AVO or Perrin before getting a Custom Tune...

Also what is in An ideal Intake Temp? dont know much about the pros and cons of different temps, and came up short when i researched anything about them.

Any Advice is Greatly Appreciated :)

Thanks Again,

-Alex

You may want to change your AP tune to the 91 octane as a bit of a buffer for knock. I would suspect that most of the pumps in your area state 93 on them, but if you happen to get some less than desirable fuel that doesn't reach 93, then you could have some knock. Knock is the death of these engines and it's better to be a bit safe than worry about it and have something expensive happen. :)

Archived