LegacyGT.com

Accessport tune - Major Knocking

nrmustang

Hi All, Brand Noob here with an AP question.

I have an 05' 5EAT LGT bone stock (except K&N Panel Filter), I bought a used V2 AP, updated it and threw in the ACN91 Stage 1 map (California gas).

At the top end I get bad knocking/Det, right around redline. I datalogged it and the DAM shows "0" all the way until a bit of load is put on it. Then it goes as high as 6.5 - starts dropping - then about redline hits between -.50 to -2.0 (which is very audible).

What gives? From everything I read, the DAM should stay consistently at 1 right? Why the "0"? Does the car need to "settle" into the tune. Has anyone else had this problem out of the box?

Im new to modding my LGT, but not modding in general. My SCT's for my 03' Cobras & Mach-1 didn't do this. And my Predator for my SS Camaro didn't do this. Is the LGT just more sensitive, or is there something I'm missing? But to be fair to Cobb, biggest handheld tuner power I've seen aside from my Cobra SCT by far! If I can figure this out it'll be an ANIMAL!

Thanks in advance

DAM (Dynamic Advance Multiplier) should be at 1, yes. I don't know how you would get a -6.5 though, that doesn't make sense or -2. That's not how DAM works. I haven't had an AP in a log while, but I suspect you are mixing up DAM with a different logging parameter.

What Cobb calls DAM is the same as ROMRaider calling it IAM (Ignition Advance Multiplier)

Your car shouldn't have to settle in with a tune, at least not like this. There will be some learning involved, but you shouldn't be getting severe knock, certainly not something you can actually hear.

Log the following parameters and post the logs:

DAM

Engine Load

Throttle plate/position

Knock sum

Feedback Knock Control

Fine Learning Knock Control

Total Timing

Boost

Mass Airflow

Mass Airflow voltage

Wastegate duty

Engine speed

That should be pleny. Also, post up a the learning table if you can connect a laptop to it and run AccessTuner Race.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3031807&postcount=9

Hi All, Brand Noob here with an AP question.

I have an 05' 5EAT LGT bone stock (except K&N Panel Filter), I bought a used V2 AP, updated it and threw in the ACN91 Stage 1 map (California gas).

At the top end I get bad knocking/Det, right around redline. I datalogged it and the DAM shows "0" all the way until a bit of load is put on it. Then it goes as high as 6.5 - starts dropping - then about redline hits between -.50 to -2.0 (which is very audible).

What gives? From everything I read, the DAM should stay consistently at 1 right? Why the "0"? Does the car need to "settle" into the tune. Has anyone else had this problem out of the box?u

Im new to modding my LGT, but not modding in general. My SCT's for my 03' Cobras & Mach-1 didn't do this. And my Predator for my SS Camaro didn't do this. Is the LGT just more sensitive, or is there something I'm missing? But to be fair to Cobb, biggest handheld tuner power I've seen aside from my Cobra SCT by far! If I can figure this out it'll be an ANIMAL!

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the subaru world. It looks like you are logging dynamic advance which is different than DAM which will fluctuate based on throttle and how the map is set up. Some see negative da in cruise on the cobb maps. Log what invar suggested and check back in.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Thanks for the input. my DAM goes +6.5 down to -2.0. If I can figure out how to attach my Data Log, could you let me know what I'm looking at?

Its a long file, but around 3-4k it sits at +6.5 (such as at lines 164-172 & 811-844)

At line 664-666 it hits -1 to -2 briefly, but then at line 873-882 it sits at -1.5 to -.50 for quite a while (between 4700-5200rpm)

I'm afraid to take it back out for another round of DL

datalog5.csv

Welcome to the subaru world. It looks like you are logging dynamic advance which is different than DAM which will fluctuate based on throttle and how the map is set up. Some see negative da in cruise on the cobb maps. Log what invar suggested and check back in.

Dave

Thanks Dave, with the file I just posted, is that the DA? Also can I log that list with my AP?

Positive numbers in DA are good in general (it means your timing is being advanced) but doesn't necessarily mean you're not getting knock. The negative numbers are what you need to worry about. I suggest you read some of the posts in this forum to understand what you are seeing.

I'm afraid your log doesn't really tell us a whole lot because you're missing way too many parameters. Take out fuel economy and Vehicle speed. We don't need that.

Thanks guys for the help. When I get ready to go out for a DL, do I just scroll through the list of items in the AP and select the ones I want one by one?

This was my first log ever, and I just found the DA and selected it, the rest was already there I guess.

Also, no laptop. If we find a problem, whats my options? E-tune to clean it up? If so how would that work with the AP? Access Racer? Ive read a lot, but just trying to be specific.

Thanks

I would REALLY try to get that learning table pulled somehow too.

edit: No laptop? Hmm... Might not be able to get the learning table from what I can see then. Okay, just log those parameters and it should help a lot.

You need to do the logs first before we can really say anything. So far, the only thing you've showed/told us that could be from knock is the noise, and that might not be knocking.

edit: Actually, from the little info available from your log, you probably DO have some knock in the upper RPM range, but we won't know the extent of things until you log those items with the parameters. Kind of groping around blindly right now.

Ergh, reading that log is really hard... You should be able to attach CSV files just fine. Isn't that what the AP dumps the files as?

edit: From a quick look over, you're definitely experiencing knock but like I said, hard to read the log.

Archived