LegacyGT.com

accessory belt question---so easy a caveman can find the answer!

I think it is an easy question but I can't find a definite answer to it. I am pretty sure I know the answer but just want a confirmation to it.

I need to get new accessory belts (for the A/C and powersteering).

Are these belts the same for both GT/OBXT and 2.5i (year 05)?

Asking cause over here in Europa land, they don't have any GT/OBXT, only 2.5i. And I don't want to buy them from Autozone and ship them over here :eek:.

thanks guys.

Yes, I thought that after I posted it, but I was thinking of either Mike at AZP on the east coast or m sprank on the west coast.

I have done this for guy's on a honda forum before, you just have to remember its a gift when you fill out the shipping paperwork.

Fred Beans may even do it

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks BarManBean for your willingness to help. Well if your Autozone has the parts in stock, I have attached screenshots of what I need. Apparently, part numbers are

333K4 for the AC belt

5050345 for the PS belt

May I add a pair of bulbs :redface:? These bulbs are exclusively used in the states and cannot be found in Europe as far as I know.

Part number is 3157-4157NALL. These are for the front and must be amber. Last time autozone messed up and gave us the wrong ones (not amber and very similar part number). I'll PM you for payment and shipping info. If you can't find all of this stuff, then don't worry about it.

ac_belt.png.9ddc51a921cb80e14c0ce4741c4661c0.png

ps_alt_belt.png.d05bdbec3272ab92eb070e9255151fe5.png

front_bulb.png.826b6514d09221fbcb9a082aac3f13b3.png

• Moderators

You can add whatever the hell you want as long as you pay for shipping. I'm moving so I have an S-load of boxes around the house, one of them will fit your stuff for sure.

Oh, and I goofed, I'm going to advance auto, not auto zone, shouldn't make a difference though. There's an autozone nearby if I need to swing in.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

depends on the size and weight of the package. I believe USPS is the cheapest option. To give you an idea, Paul from AVO is sending me the brackets for the rear swaybar and cheapest shipping quote he found was 40 bucks.

p.s: there's a 15% off deal on the advancedauto site. dang it.

Got the belts already today! That was a smooooth, efficient and fast transaction! thanks BarManBean! You're the man.

Back to the thread though, I'll try to find an answer to my question unless someone chimes in.

2005, 2.5i belt

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Gates-K050344RB-Blue-Racing-Micro-V/dp/B000TTQ2DG/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Make=Subaru%7C13&Model=Legacy%7C64&Year=2005%7C2005&carId=002&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive]Amazon.com: Gates K050344RB Blue Racing Micro-V Belt: Automotive[/ame]

2005, 2.5GT belt

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Gates-K050344RB-Blue-Racing-Micro-V/dp/B000TTQ2DG/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Make=Subaru%7C13&Model=Legacy%7C64&Year=2005%7C2005&carId=002&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive]Amazon.com: Gates K050344RB Blue Racing Micro-V Belt: Automotive[/ame]

Hey you contact one of the guy's at Fred Beans, I'm sure they would know.

2005 2.5i

http://parts.subaru.com/parts/2005/SUBARU/LEGACY/?siteid=216301&vehicleid=1430732&diagram=7523050&diagramCallOut=1

2005 2.5gt

http://parts.subaru.com/parts/2005/SUBARU/LEGACY/?siteid=216301&vehicleid=1430733&diagram=7523075&diagramCallOut=1

opposingforces is another place to find oem part numbers. I think I tried to book mark the site the other day and couldn't do it for some reason.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators
Got the belts already today! That was a smooooth, efficient and fast transaction! thanks BarManBean! You're the man.

Back to the thread though, I'll try to find an answer to my question unless someone chimes in.

Good deal :)

Now send me feedback, lol.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Good deal :)

Now send me feedback, lol.

^done brother!

Regarding acc. belt compatibility between 05s 2.5i and 2.5GT/OBXT, I am 99.99999% sure they are the same. If you go on 'oreillyauto' website, they show you with which cars the product is compatible.

Here is the link for the alternator and P/S belt and here for the A/C belt. Click on 'compatibility' and you'll see that these belts basically fit not only the 05s 2.5i and 2.5GT/OBXT, but also a whole bunch of other subies.

Edit: actually after carefully checking the links I provided, the 05 LGT does not appear on the compatibility list. That does not make sense. They do share the same engine with the OBXT..

Archived