LegacyGT.com

ABS module replacement

Hey guys I wanted to know if anyone has ever replaced the whole ABS module/solenoid on a 05-09 lgt I am suspecting that this is the reason behind my constant p0500 code that is throwing the car into limp mode and making my car run very poorly. No I am not driving the car. I replaced all four wheel speed sensors (which is what I am getting codes for) my speedometer works as well as the tach. So as of no i am stumped and feel like the ABS module/solenoid is no good and would like to know how to replace it and see if that fixes the issue. Apologize in advance that I was not sure where to place this topic on the forums! And I did search I could not find anything (this may be due to the fact that I'm on tapatalk that a topic may not have loaded) thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you replaced the front wheel bearings ?

If you did, and did not use OEM you could have ABS problems.

I don't recall any one replacing that unit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

I think you have the service manuals. See what it say's for trouble shooting that CEL.

I hope you've checked the fuse ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yeah I checked all the fuses, I connected the two white connectors above the fuse panel in the cabin and pressed the trip button on the odometer and it reads p0500 then press it again at it says p____ which means there are no trouble codes stored in the transmission memory then press it again and it reads the chassis codes I don't remember the exact C____ codes but I know they were for the rear two sensors and the passenger side front sensor but again I replaced all if them so there should be no problems!

Right, honestly though the car never ran right and the more I think about it it may have been in limp mode since I bought the car. I must not have realized it being new to these cars but now I know it's not good. So this leaves me to believe there is another wiring problem somewhere else between the ABS system and gauge cluster or the ABS module/solenoid is bad. Is there any way to reset the ABS codes?

I'm pretty sure the car would not go into limp mode based on a faulty speed sensor or ABS module.

Limp mode is meant to dial back the tune to a safer AFR and timing map because of possible engine-related troubles (leaks, bad cat, etc). ABS ought to have nothing to do with this.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Every person that I have seen that has gotten the p0500 code says their car has also gone into limp mode, my car is definitely in limp mode and being that the p0500 code is the only code being thrown it is the code causing it to go into limp mode. The car idles very low (around 200-300 rpms) and all around very poorly.. Same symptoms everyone else seems to have had one big difference between my situation and most others is my speedo and odometer work.

I mean that's what I have noticed, but for sure the car is in limp mode, likewise that I do not know why it causes limp mode my thought was that maybe because of the false or erratic signal (so the ecu thinks or cluster) so it does not want to let you have access to the power and possibly hurt anything? Again not quite sure and doesn't sound like anyone has ever tackled the abs module replacement so looks like I may be on my own with this one! Lol

Yeah multiple times lol luckily for other people with related issues had very simple fixes like "re mounting a wheel speed sensor and the car ran great again" but unfortunately that's not my luck but I'm searching around still to see if anyone has ever done this replacement

I would get the car to a Tuner and have them data log and see if they can tell you what's up.

again Mike's guy's at AZP can you drive down to them ?

I had a issue with my 86 Ford F150. I googled it a few different way's but couldn't find a answer. I took it to shop to fix, the next morning a google search popped up with the answer, I got a call a few minutes late from the shop, sure enough, that was the issue. :spin:

I think its all how you type in the question or problem, try changing the way you phrase the search.

IMO if your having braking issues and can't fix it yourself, let the experts handle it. Brakes are pretty important.

Have you unplugged all the connectors for the ABS system, made sure they are clean and dry ?

Just trying to think of cheap fixes.

Yeah that was one of the many threads that I read on this topic but of course not the solution to my problem, I don't even want to drive the car the way it is, I can't drive it on the street right now it's not registered now

• 4 months later...
I have an 09 legacy 2.5I and took it In for the abs light and traction control light being on and it was the abs control module, I don't know if they are replacing the whole thing or what put the parts guy just told me it was the ECU they ordered I believe?

Archived