LegacyGT.com

98 legacy limited gt sedan 2.5ldohc

Not sure if a strut tower brace from a WRX will fit a BD/BG body. However, I have two front strut tower braces for sale for the BD/BG right now. One is the STi TMIC brace and the other is an SYMS straight. If you're interested in them, let me know. You can see pictures of them at http://www.soapintheintercooler.com/ on the main page in the "Stuff for sale" section.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Just look around junkyards, there's some subaru-specific ones over here. You'll need:

-(of course) the tranny + mounts

-a rear diff that's the same ratio as said tranny (A/T is different so you can't use your old one)

-clutch pedal + linkage

-clutch slave cylinder

-clutch master cylinder

-lines going to and from these 2 cylinders

-clutch + related hardware

-flywheel

-Center console from a MT car

-shifter + linkages + all bushings/boots

Again, I bet you could get all this for under $1000 if you work hard at it, but that means getting everything at a junkyard and not buying anything new.

I don't believe a strut tower brace will match up... Here is a website that sells them though www.turbowholesale.com. Although I would not waste my money on one of those because they are utterly worthless...

Actually, if you've ever tracked a car, you notice quite a different with and without a strut brace. However, outside of that, they don't do much...

Not to hijack but Im also looking for upgrade-ables for a 98 legacy gt. suspension parts in particular. Thanks in advance...

John

I still have some H&R racing springs for the BD Leggy (Might also fit a BG model?) If you're interested, let me know. I'll see if I can also get some pictures up.

Archived