LegacyGT.com

90mph how many rpm 5EAT

Which gets really aggrivating on an extended cruise. I love every aspect of my car except the gearing.

then you'd be very angry at my miata.

i think its 4.5k at 85 mph (my highway cruising speed).

I put a rather loud exhaust on it and it's my only car for now. Driven a couple 6 hour trips in it.

so... it's all relative :)

car for sale. PM me!

80mph is at 3000 give a take 100rpm. Who is looking down at those speeds, unless you are the only one on the highway. :lol:

sometimes i am... but the higher the revs the louder the engine... thats my main concern.

when im driving around town i dont care if its loud because the noise varies. on the freeway it gets old very fast especially after an hour or so

car for sale. PM me!

btw if you live in Toronto, ON Canada the 407 Toll Highway, the passing left lane speed is between 80 and 90mph. The official speed limit is 65 but cops allow up to 85mph generally unless you are weaving in and out.

80 is the new 55

Especially when many stretches of the interstate here are 70mph. Even then you may have an uninterrupted 2-3 hour cruise at between 80 and 90 without worry of receiving a ticket.

Most jurisdictions here are more interested in dangerous driving than minor speeding.

Well atleast things are getting faster ... VROOM, the need for speed baby.

Yeah now if only they were more fuel efficient. Though companies other than Subaru are adding gears and that helps.

4spd Lincoln Navigator = 12 mpg city, 16 hwy. AHHHHHH!

6spd Lincoln Navigator = 13 city, 18 hwy.

4spd Toyota 4runner = 16 city, 19 hwy.

5spd Toyota 4runner = 17 city, 21 hwy.

Which gets really aggrivating on an extended cruise. I love every aspect of my car except the gearing.

:confused: :confused: :confused: My car is fairly quiet at high speeds, I need to check the speedo because it's so smooth, you can't tell the different between 70- to ??. It's like "oh crap" and go for the brake peddle to slow her down.

Well, it isn't particularly noisy; it's just knowing it could be quieter if they'd been less agressive with the gearing. It doesn't have to be a 6spd -- a wider set of 5 gears would have been just as beneficial.

Well, it isn't particularly noisy; it's just knowing it could be quieter if they'd been less agressive with the gearing. It doesn't have to be a 6spd -- a wider set of 5 gears would have been just as beneficial.

I'm almost bone stock, with the exception of the (waste of money) SPT Intake. On the stock car - she's very quiet up to I have no idea, but I would say fairly high speeds. It's quiet enough, where if you weren't paying attention to your speedometer, you could get into trouble. I've noted this, as well as my folks when I lend them the car.

Archived