LegacyGT.com

Honda loyal owner wanting to switch...

My first post in this board. I have been lurking here for more information on the 05 Legacy. Between my wife and I, we have had 5 Hondas/Acuras (90 Prelude 2.0S, 97 Civic EX coupe, 98 Prelude TypeSH, 99 Integra GS-R sedan, and 04 TSX 6MT). I like Honda but I'd like to try something else. Since my wife has the TSX as the replacement for the totaled Integra, I have been itching to get a new car for myself, and the new 05 Legacy could very well be the one (not sure yet). Anyway, here are some pics of my cars. 98 Prelude TypeSH [img]http://www.vwong.org/images/prelude/bb6-006.jpg[/img] 99 Integra GS-R sedan [img]http://www.vwong.org/images/integra/db8-007.jpg[/img] 04 TSX 6MT [img]http://www.vwong.org/images/tsx/cl9-007.jpg[/img]

haha i remember seeing ur post on the TSX boards. oh yea, I too am a honda person, probably always will be but that doesnt mean I'll only buy hondas. I still have my 95 prelude SE , sitting in my garage. im gonna wait for the legacy to come out within a few years of "working out the bugs" before i buy.

Welcome to the boards vwong! Honda makes some excellent cars as well, I see you have yours outfitted rather nicely. :) My family owns Subarus, one for each of the 4 of us if that says something how much we like them. :) I think you will find Subaru, particularly the new '05 GT's to your liking. Once again welcome. :cool:

[quote name='vwong'] 99 Integra GS-R sedan [img]http://www.vwong.org/images/integra/db8-007.jpg[/img] [/quote] i have always wondered...is it legal to not have a numbered license plate? coz sometimes i see cars with logos on their license plate instead of numbers. for example, i saw mercedes benz cars before with the merecedes logo as their license plate. anyone can explain this?

Nice Honda's there vwong! You too bobert! I've only had Honda's too. First was an '81 Civic Wagon (Champagne, rust and bondo) and the current is a '97 Civic HX Coupe (Black and pitted). :lol: Only mods I've ever done are the ones that attach to the roof to carry other toys like bicycles and skis. Unless you consider Rain-X a performance mod! :wink: :lol: I've always love the look of wagons and would have loved to have had a '91 Accord wagon but the opportunity never presented itself. I've been checking out the Subaru offerings after reading about the WRX wagon a couple years ago when I started researching something more "toy" friendly than my coupe. I want something sporty but with lots of room for my bikes and skis (and any other new sports I decide to try!) and felt the WRX was a bit too small. I almost bit on a Volvo V70R but about that time is when the redesigned Legacy came out in Japan and here I am...still waiting. :wink: A buddy just ponied up for an S4 Avant that is damn sexy and wicked fast! I'd go there if not for the price of entry and suspect reliability. Heck, if I get a wild hair I'll be able to get a new Leg GT going like that for a lot less fun tickets than he flushed! :twisted: :lol: Cheers! -Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
VWong, have to admit I was a total honda freak before moving across to Scooby. I have owned 3 Honda cars, 1 crx and 2 accords including 1 x honda lawnmower and even named my cat after a honda product, so was a bit sad when I moved across to Subaru but not now. Honda I feel in the past few years have lost the concept of how their cars used to be, especially when they were made locally in Japan. Subaru has retained a lot of the look and feel that Honda once had and it would take a lot for me to go back to the Honda brand. If you could take the VTEC engine out of the Honda and slot it into a Subaru, the Subaru would be BULLETPROOF. You will love the Subaru totally, in looks, feel, power and price to service them...... get out there and enjoy. All the best Adam

Archived