LegacyGT.com

5EAT Valve Body IPT Upgrade

XLeezardx

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they told me they only do mechanical stuff on it... electrical stuff is untouched, so it would be springs, shims, etc and stuff like that... my guess is underneat the pistons are spring assembly's and whatnot.

MIke

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Ok, i have been driving this car with the VB upgrade for 150 miles so far. I still need to break it in a couple of days and do another 1 gallon flush to get every partical out. So far, I dont quite feel a big difference in normal driving. I can actually feel the car grab a little firmer but there is still a delay in every shift. I also had the Perrin lightweight pulley installed at the same time. The car revs up better and the shifts are smoother, but that maybee a placebo effect. Anyways, I need some time for break in, until then, ill give u guys a better review.

Ok, i have been driving this car with the VB upgrade for 150 miles so far. I still need to break it in a couple of days and do another 1 gallon flush to get every partical out. So far, I dont quite feel a big difference in normal driving. I can actually feel the car grab a little firmer but there is still a delay in every shift. I also had the Perrin lightweight pulley installed at the same time. The car revs up better and the shifts are smoother, but that maybee a placebo effect. Anyways, I need some time for break in, until then, ill give u guys a better review.

Great! Please keep us updated!

that was the idea, until my transmission started slipping bad :( as soon as it is fixed I will drive it like a bat out of hell ;)

But lets say I do need a all new tranny altogether, no ipt automatic for me. I think it will be cheaper to buy a manual tranny from a GT and swap it in myself ;)

I am hoping the VB works first.

Semper Fi.

I think it is supposed to drive like stock under normal conditions, and when you are harder on the throttle line pressure is supposed to be a lot higher, which creates faster shifts...

then you have another bomb wait to happen just spend the money. I think they have a auto tranmission upgrade?

you are kidding. I am pretty sure it is close to a straight swap and it is on average $3000 less then IPT's $6000 auto tranny with install.

Plus as long as you know how to drive a manual the LGT's manual can handle well more the 400whp.

But I dont want to thread jack....I am still going to hope all I need is the IPT VB, I will check what my tranny fluid looks like tomorrow when I drop the pan

Semper Fi.

you are kidding. I am pretty sure it is close to a straight swap and it is on average $3000 less then IPT's $6000 auto tranny with install.

Plus as long as you know how to drive a manual the LGT's manual can handle well more the 400whp.

But I dont want to thread jack....I am still going to hope all I need is the IPT VB, I will check what my tranny fluid looks like tomorrow when I drop the pan

The MT swap would be a little complicated. You would have ECU issues also.

But you are right it might be cheaper than the IPT upgrade. They should give us a LGT discount on there stuff. We are giving them so much business!!!

I was investigating AT to MT swap. Should not be big deal. ECU needs to be reflashed to MT map. Few electrical things like neutral sensor, ignition lock, etc. Certainly doable.

MT ftw

Of course, if one were to do it, 6MT STI swap would make even more sense.

I was investigating AT to MT swap. Should not be big deal. ECU needs to be reflashed to MT map. Few electrical things like neutral sensor, ignition lock, etc. Certainly doable.

MT ftw

Of course, if one were to do it, 6MT STI swap would make even more sense.

your are exactly right unclemat, I did it in a wrx with a buddy of mine, 4eat to a 5mt, not hard, just alot of little things.

And VTGT, nothing that scott seigel wouldnt be able to fix;)

Semper Fi.

Actually, the 5MT from the LegGT would be beter over the 6MT as you need soo much stuff for it to work that there are how many on this board with it ;)

Need to source the parts from a 6MT Spec B and that would be more $$

I know there are quite alot of electronics asociated with the 5EAT. Maybee the vacation pics would shed some light.

Now, back to topic!!!!

I think it is supposed to drive like stock under normal conditions, and when you are harder on the throttle line pressure is supposed to be a lot higher, which creates faster shifts...

yes, already told him he needs to get on it, confirmed by IPT. GET ON IT!!!! :D

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived