LegacyGT.com

5eat change to a mt

06gtleg

yes. trade your car in. ;) Or I will make fun of you every time I see you.... :lol:

and you haven't even done anything to the car (power)? why do you insist you must have an MT? I'm driving a Legacy 2.5i 4EAT this week and enjoying not having to shift all the time. Damn I miss my 5EAT! :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

better off to throw a dog box in it, IMO. a lot of work and a lot of parts required for the swap. I won't tell you not to do it, but I will tell you that it won't be cheap, and that it'd probably be faster and less expensive to trade it for a 5mt. If hellbent on doing it, swap in the 6mt

yota's and chevys

they are making fun of me for driving an auto

Unless you really like driving stick more than auto, tell them to go screw.

Honestly, you could probably beat most of them at the track with your 5EAT. Unless their Toyotas are Supras, I doubt they have anything better.

nope trucks and what not. and i think its a lot cooler to drive a manual lol. im going to look into this conversion more and ill get back.

thats not real manual though... im influenced really easy....... (with cars not drugs) ;)

Ok go stage 2, if its still not pleasing you, then trade it in for the MT. But dont do just because your friends are giving you shit, if anything give them shit back.

this

and which parts guy did you ask? Alex or Andrew? and did they inform you it will cost your left nut in order to do the swap and not really worth it?

let me tell you, up here, you know many of the people I hang out with and race with. They used to give me crap all the time about my 5EAT. then I modded it. Even Dale, the local Subie god here, told me that though it was an auto, my 05 LGT kicked ass. no matter what anyone said, all I had to do was take them for a ride and it'd shut them the hell up. First off, your truck buddies giving you grief over your auto? well, again, you haven't done anything on it except slap on tint and some big ass heavy wheels. Now, you're slower.

1. Get better rims/tires that won't weigh you down

2. at minimum, go stage 2

3. Get yourself some engine management be it COBB or otherwise

4. IPT VALVE BODY MOD

I can guarantee your buddies in their trucks will shut the hell up... or maybe they remember me whooping their asses out at the drag strip in my auto LGT 2 summers ago. ;) Remember, you're not even stage 1!

It is unfortunate that you never got the chance to ride in my LGT in all her glory. You'd have peed your pants. ;) Damn I miss that car!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

last time i looked into it, it was sounding like a $5k to $7k+ job depending on what tranny you get and how the labor goes.

i thought about it. would be nice to drive a manual for the clutch connection to the engine. but that was right when i got the car. i'm happy with it now, especially since going stage 2. just need to VB mod it...

Sounds to me you want to do the swap for all the wrong reasons:

-your friends are giving you shit

-it's cooler to drive a manual

This issue gets brought up about once a month. Do some research on these boards if you don't think we've got a point but in the end you'll come to the same conclusion: it is not cost effective.

Archived