LegacyGT.com

5EAT and 2nd gear...

I noticed when driving in manual mode (5EAT) and being at a complete stop, upshifting to second gear before accelerating/moving and remaining in 2nd gear until the next complete stop, the 5EAT does not go back to 1st gear but remains in 2nd gear. If upshifting to 3rd gear and coming to complete stop then 5EAT reverts back to 1st gear. Anyone else noticed this with their GT 5EATs? BTW, the car will not allow to upshift to 3rd gear from a complete stop (not that I'd want to do this but just thought I'd try...).

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote name='B4GT']i meant manual.[/QUOTE] You're right, here's what the manual states; [QUOTE=Legacy 05 Owner's Manual]On a road surface where there is a risk of wheelspin (for example, a snow- or gravel-covered road), you can pull away from a standstill safely and easily by first selecting the 2nd gear of the manual mode.[/QUOTE] I was just expecting the 5EAT to revert back in 1st gear after the second complete stop, but I guess it makes sense since I had previoulsly kept the 2nd gear while in motion.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Archived