LegacyGT.com

4th-gen CBE w/catted DP TOO LOUD!

DeltaNu1142

I have a MadDad Metal V2 catted downpipe and a Magnaflow CBE. The idle rumble is just fine, but a few of my buddies are telling me it's LOUD outside while under way--one of them runs a chump car & says his car is quieter than their racer! I don't want a loud car. Two questions...

1) Has anyone installed a 3" mid-pipe muffler in their catback system?

2) Will this affect my tune? I'm mid-revision with Infamous.

Thanks!

Tits mcgee

Good stuff. I was mostly concerned with #1. It's reversible, whereas #2 would be a pain in the ass.

Does anyone reading this have links to sound clips? I'll search the exhaust note threads when I have a moment...

Tits mcgee

Based on some reading, I'm looking at a Magnaflow 11219 4"x9" oval muffler with a 3" in & 3" out for the midpipe. $80-ish new on eBay or Amazon. I'll have the guy who welded in the 3" section of my CBE do the welding for the muffler... will report back in a few weeks...
Tits mcgee

if you change your parts mid-tune, infamous might not finish your tune. you're not supposed to change anything that could potentially affect it.

a mid-pipe muffler *shouldn't* but infamous might disagree.

if you change your parts mid-tune, infamous might not finish your tune. you're not supposed to change anything that could potentially affect it.

a mid-pipe muffler *shouldn't* but infamous might disagree.

Yes, that's why I'm asking. I likely won't have the opportunity to get it done by them time I have my final revision anyway.

Tits mcgee

Archived